Broil King Keg Forum
October 15, 2018, 01:33:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings  (Read 39778 times)
BSK_convert

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »

Did you find any mango marmalade to use, or did you stick with the orange?  

Nope never did get the mango marmalade.  However was at an Asian market and got Citron Tea. Looks like lemons on the label.  The consistency is a lot like marmalade.  Your suppose to mix this stuff with hot water and it tastes like lemons with honey.

I'll try this with as a mix with the orange marmalade that I have left over.  Should be an interesting combo  Shocked
Steve73

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 07:43:31 AM »

This looks ridiculously good, I will be trying this sooner than later.
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 10:04:29 AM »

I have been meaning to do this recipe for sooo long! and today is the day! lots of good feedback on this looking forward to this for sure! wish me luck will update with p0rn later tonight!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »

Well? did the wings with this recipe man were they GOOD! but the burned VERY fast once the sauce was basted on. Next time ill make the wings pull them off the BBQ and into the bowl of the sauce so I will avoid the burning. Never the less they were fantastic. here are some pics...please excuse the burnt ones.

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
BirdNerd
Superhero Member

San Rafael, CA

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »

Remember burnt = carmelized.... Great cook!  Cheesy Grin

One of The (more than) Few. The Proud. The Kalifornia KegMen.
Shameless plug for our Lake Tahoe rental cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/120638
Smokin in Peosta
2X Hero of the Month; 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Smokem if youv'e got them

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »

Remember burnt = carmelized.... Great cook!  Cheesy Grin
Agreed Looks great.

Mike
SeanW

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 07:16:27 PM »

Just wanted to pile on here and say that I made these this weekend and they went fast. Cooked them a bit longer and lower than called for, around 300 for 40-45 minutes) before saucing, which was another 15 -20 minutes of baste/turn/etc

Made half the amount of sauce called for and it gave enough sauce to do roughly 1.9kg/4.2lb of wings and still have some sauce for dipping.

Looking forward to doing it again!
RiverCityRub
BSK Hero of the Month

Bartlett, TN

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

I used this sauce on a pork tenderloin the other day, it is fantastic!

Smokers/Grills I use:
BKCG - #3998
Primo XL
Weber Summit Gold
Backwoods Party
Backwoods Piglet
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 06:32:49 AM »

Finally tried this sauce last night.  Oh my.  Was it good.  Will be a staple when wings are made around here.  And the idea of using it on the pork tenderloin is awesome.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Regular Guy
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 04:40:20 AM »

Finally tried this sauce last night.  Oh my.  Was it good.  Will be a staple when wings are made around here.  And the idea of using it on the pork tenderloin is awesome.

I am sure it would be good on pork if it's good on chicken! I have to try this soon, maybe this weekend if I get the chance.
Harman
2X Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Kitchener Ontario, Home of the Keg

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2013, 06:36:28 AM »

It made great drumsticks last night.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:56:48 AM by Eccl 9:7 » Logged

Eccl 9:7 - So go ahead; eat your food with joy, and drink your beer with a happy heart, for God approves of this!
Broil King Keg 4000 and Sovereign 90
TN1BUCK

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2013, 05:41:40 AM »

Wings look great.
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 01:19:06 AM »

Love to see the joy spreading, loved these wings since I first tried them. Wondering about Orange Marmalade though. Around here Orange Marmalade always has orange rind in it. It seems only my own pics have orange rind in them. ?  Sambal Oelek too isn't 'Just like Sriracha' it's crushed chilies.

I agree with the 'burn' comments. I had the lid up and down trying to take pics. Glazing is more like 1-1-1 if not trying to take pics.
DALE_128

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2015, 08:38:18 PM »

Nope never did get the mango marmalade.  However was at an Asian market and got Citron Tea. Looks like lemons on the label.  The consistency is a lot like marmalade.  Your suppose to mix this stuff with hot water and it tastes like lemons with honey.

I'll try this with as a mix with the orange marmalade that I have left over.  Should be an interesting combo  Shocked

I did this tonight with what I think is the same citron tea stuff, I got it at Korean store a few months back. Used chicken thighs instead of wings started with weber kickin chicken rub, next time might start with garlic salt, then the kickin chicken.

Wife loved it not too spicy, I thought it could be hotter, just dipped in some extra sriracha. will definitely do again. I may finish with indirect heat at high temp400??,next time to try and get baked on sauce with less char.

So much sugar had big flare up at end. Grill clean up was easy just set temp to 700 and burned clean grates for 10 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: