Broil King Keg Forum
July 18, 2018, 04:54:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jalepeno maple mustard BBQ sauce  (Read 10177 times)
GrillSarge
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Doggie water taxi service http://www.zeemaps.com/k

« on: April 20, 2010, 02:31:17 PM »

This is my Sugar free Jalapeno maple mustard sauce.  I use it as a mustard but it is a great sauce for pork  or chicken also  I make all of my own sauces and thought I might share some of the better efforts from time to time.  All are diabetic friendly and low or sugar free but can be modified if you don't have a sugar problem.
This makes 1 quart approx but I reduce it quite a bit,  you may come up with a little more.  I store it in a quart mason jar refrigerated.
1.5 cup white Vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup fine chopped onion
1/2 cup  pickled jalapeno slices
1.5 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup syrup (maple, sugar free maple, corn, whatever)
2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients. bring to a boil them reduce heat and simmer.  at this point I use a stick blender to puree all the sauce to a smooth constancy but you can use a blender or food processor.  Then continue to simmer till the thickness reaches your preference.  Remember, thicker concentrates the flavors.  I use pickled Jalapeno because its easier to control the heat as they're less variable than fresh.  You can change things up by using the syrups.  If you don't mind sugar then use regular maple syrup.  If you don't want the hint of maple, use corn syrup.  Also I substitute Sugar Free orange marmalade for the syrup and reduce to very thick and make a kick butt glaze/slather sauce for ham, pork or duck!  As a note to be safe I recommend using splenda sweetened sugar free products as the behave themselves when  cooked with.  Some of the other suger free sweeteners do not.  Enjoy
P.S. I failed to mention I triple the quantity of Marmalade over syrup for the glaze  and I usually only make a 1/2 recipe.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:28:32 AM by Eric Esper » Logged

The Black Cauldrons of Celtic myth.  Known as Undri, The Irish God the Dagda's cauldron from which no one leaves hungry or unsatisfied and Amen the Welsh Goddess Ceridwen's vessel from which flows wisdom and inspiration.  Also the cauldron of Annwn  that won't cook the food of a coward.
GrillSarge
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »

Heres some pics of the process, also I failed to note that for the glaze  I use  a half recipe and the marmalade is tripled over the syrup so the marmalade recipe is
3/4 cup white vinegar, 3/4 cup yellow mustard,3/4 cup orange marmalade 1/2 cup onion, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup jalapeno, 1tsp black pepper, pinch of salt and a pinch of cayenne

Glaze in front mustard at the back

And the payoff, Jalapeno maple mustard topping a keg grilled brat,  If you never have, try using a romaine leaf as a bun  Its better than a bread bun IMO.

The Black Cauldrons of Celtic myth.  Known as Undri, The Irish God the Dagda's cauldron from which no one leaves hungry or unsatisfied and Amen the Welsh Goddess Ceridwen's vessel from which flows wisdom and inspiration.  Also the cauldron of Annwn  that won't cook the food of a coward.
RNF
Superhero Member

South East Oklahoma

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »

Eric,

Looks good. I have used a recipe that is similar to yours for a mustard sauce just without the jalepenos will have to add these next time.
Duke City Smoke

Got Smoke? Albuquerque, NM

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:50:43 PM »

A Jalapeno hopped the fence at an East Carolina Barbecue me thinks.  Gonna try this with stone ground mustard and Hatch green chile.  I'll post the results when I do.   

I did not make it to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian!
Weber Summit S650 "Grillzilla"
Electric ECB
Brand New Bubba "Keg Kong"
GrillSarge
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »

I've now begun using Cider Vinegar, Its even better!

y2kflhr

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »

that looks yummy.....filed for future reference...
CarlBQ

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 06:02:06 AM »

I made some Roxys SC Mustard Sauce yesterday,very similar. But added some sriracha hot sauce to it for kick. Wish I had thought about using the stick blender. Willie using lettuce wraps too.

CarlBQ

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 05:18:10 PM »

Lol. I made some Roxys too and also added sriracha , turned out great on my pulled pork sandwich topped with home made cole slaw.
Q-Dude

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »

Looks terrific, Eric. Thanks for sharing. I've not had real good luck with mustard sauces but I'm definitely going to try this one.
twistedpit
Surf & Turf Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

When humor goes, there goes civilization.

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

DISCLAIMER:
DUE TO SUBJECT MATTER VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: