Broil King Keg Forum
October 23, 2017, 01:43:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Fumacious Q!  (Read 211142 times)
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« on: August 29, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »

Carnivore Jr is hooked after her experience at the Smokin Eagles BBQ Championships.

So we are offically forming Fumacious Q as a father/daughter BBQ team for next year.
We will be spending the winter learning, acquiring, building and preparing for next season.

We want to make it an all Keg team if we can manage, so we need to acquire a few more kegs.
We are thinking of building them into a purpose built competition trailer (another winter project).

Kegs, coolers, temp controllers, knives, tools, accessories, etc., it is not going to be cheap!

We will keep you posted with updates on the progress as we begin and slowly push along.

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 07:53:10 AM »

Carnivore Jr is hooked after her experience at the Smokin Eagles BBQ Championships.

So we are offically forming Fumacious Q as a father/daughter BBQ team for next year.
We will be spending the winter learning, acquiring, building and preparing for next season.

We want to make it an all Keg team if we can manage, so we need to acquire a few more kegs.
We are thinking of building them into a purpose built competition trailer (another winter project).

Kegs, coolers, temp controllers, knives, tools, accessories, etc., it is not going to be cheap!

We will keep you posted with updates on the progress as we begin and slowly push along.

Sounds cool Beav.  Im thinking of giving this a try next year too.  I think it will be fun.  Im going to start small though.  Not jumping into a full trailer right now.  I would plan to use all kegs though.

Post some update of your progress as you go.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:57:02 AM »

Beave that is fantastic - its going to be fun and rewarding

Reach out to OMC for sponsorship I think with your inaugural effort they would want to climb on board  

Good Luck

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »

Sounds cool Beav.  Im thinking of giving this a try next year too.  I think it will be fun.  Im going to start small though.  Not jumping into a full trailer right now.  I would plan to use all kegs though.

Post some update of your progress as you go.

This won't be a big hauler like you see these othe rteams pull in with. I am thinking of adapting a small utility trailer or old pop-up camper stripped to allow kegs to be added and remain within, rather than pulling them all out free standing. I was origanlly thinking of setting two kegs into a stainless table on wheels, so I can just wheel from the backyard. But I would still need a trailer, so why not just adapt the trailer to keep them.

Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 09:00:27 AM »

My Dad has a big 5th wheel that I think we will bring.  I just need to make a hitch adapter to hold 2-3 kegs.  If we enjoy it next year I build up a dedicated trailer the following year.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »

Yeah, that is my problem. For our first comp, I brought a trialer with the kegs and my cousin followed with his pop-up camper.
Most teams were just sleeping in a cot/hammock beside their cookers, where we had the luxury of sleeping in a dedicated bed.

We were wanting to by a camper anyway, but now can't tow a camper AND a BBQ trailer... I guess it is time for a motorhome  Grin
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:44:33 AM by BBQBeaver » Logged

RiverCityRub
BSK Hero of the Month

Bartlett, TN

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »

We were wanting to by a camper anyway, but now can't tow a camper ADN a BBQ trailer... I guess it is time for a motorhome  Grin
That's great news about competiting with the family. Be warned, you start off small, i.e. 10x10 and a pop up, then you wake up at one contest and look at your site. It's at that time you go OMG, I'm in real deep. Cheesy Cheesy It's all good, what better way to spend your money then spending time with the family while doing what you love.

Smokers/Grills I use:
BKCG - #3998
Primo XL
Weber Summit Gold
Backwoods Party
Backwoods Piglet
Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 11:50:08 AM »

Yeah, that is my problem. For our first comp, I brought a trialer with the kegs and my cousin followed with his pop-up camper.
Most teams were just sleeping in a cot/hammock beside their cookers, where we had the luxury of sleeping in a dedicated bed.

We were wanting to by a camper anyway, but now can't tow a camper AND a BBQ trailer... I guess it is time for a motorhome  Grin

Im hoping his 5th wheel still has a hitch on back to mount the kegs.  Guess I need to ask.

He had a motorhome and sold it.  He like being able to unhook the truck if he wants to go someplace once his trailer is set up.

See post 18

jsegura3
Superhero Member

San Antonio, TX

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 02:19:28 PM »

Sounds really cool Beav, you have some fun and exciting times coming your way. I've slowly been massing my tools/goodies for almost a year now.  I was sort of forced to do it that way w/busy schedules and what not but it's giving me time to think of what I need/want.
twistedpit
Surf & Turf Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

When humor goes, there goes civilization.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »

Sounds really cool Beav, you have some fun and exciting times coming your way. I've slowly been massing my tools/goodies for almost a year now.  I was sort of forced to do it that way w/busy schedules and what not but it's giving me time to think of what I need/want.

x2 but I haven't taken the jump yet, still in gathering mode, but I do have the portable frozen margarita machine!  Grin

DISCLAIMER:
DUE TO SUBJECT MATTER VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »

We are slowly building our equipment and getting stuff together for the BBQ scene next year.

Purchased already:
the big Igloo 7 day cooler
50' 'drinking safe' water hose
water hose Y adapter
outdoor extension cord(s)
a couple pizza stones
heavy duty tinfoil
and some other stuff I can't think of right now

TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »

Got the domain name registered and a single page website up: www.fumaciousq.com
Will be working on a simple facebook page shortly.

Still a work in progress, but here is the latest run at the team logo:

Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

Beave I love it

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
twistedpit
Surf & Turf Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

When humor goes, there goes civilization.

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 02:39:10 PM »

Did you design the logo yourself?  It looks great.

DISCLAIMER:
DUE TO SUBJECT MATTER VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Smokin in Peosta
2X Hero of the Month; 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Smokem if youv'e got them

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 02:42:08 PM »

Looks great. Did Carnivore Jr. put her stamp on it?

Mike
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: