Broil King Keg Forum
October 14, 2019, 01:18:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The removeable grill tray..  (Read 1856 times)
USFMD82
BKCG Hero of the Month

« on: June 24, 2009, 04:51:52 AM »

What is this made out of stainless steel or aluminum or some other material? I used mine for the first time and then I washed it and the inside of the circle  (that goes in the cast iron grid) is rusting after I washed it as well as the underside of the area that contacts the cast iron grate, no other problems besides this, what do you all use to wash yours just a mild detergent and hot water? Should I be concerned about this?

Also what is the little notch at the end of the top level for?on the opposite side of the area that is attached to the cast Iron.. as I am writing this I am assuming it is for the part of the Multi-tool that sticks out to move it in and out, any other ideas?
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 06:27:18 AM »

It appears to be plated steel ... like the grates on Webber kettles that are triple nickel plated.
USFMD82
BKCG Hero of the Month

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:20:04 AM »

hmm how do you all care for yours then? My Smokey Joe grate looked horrible by about a year of use
Braddog

St. Louis, MO

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »

When I bought my first smoker some time ago, I would take great pains to clean it up after every use.  After doing this for a few years, it dawned on me that I don't do this with my gas grill (I don't have a gas grill anymore, but did then).  I just burn off the crud, hit it with a wire brush, and cook.  So I finally decided that I was going to do the same with my smokers.  The result is that I cook more often.  I dreaded the clean up so much that I wouldn't cook as often as I like.

Having said all that, I do clean the grates once or twice a year by soaking them in a solution of Simple Green.

Cheers,
Braddog

Cause few things go together as well as Beer & BBQ
http://grillandbarrel.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: