Broil King Keg Forum
February 18, 2018, 03:43:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maggie's Corbread Recipe  (Read 10798 times)
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »

We have an Amish store that sells in bulk.  They have dried whole corn.  The coffee grinder might work, but you will need to sift the cornmeal as there will likely be large hard chunks of corn, but I wouldn't recommend it.  Dried corn is VERY hard.  The best thing is to use a grain mill.  We have one as an attachment to our Kitchenaid Stand Mixer.  Another alternative is we have a Vitamix blender that has a "dry" blade that can grind grains to make flour or meal.  Again, if you use anything other than a grain mill, you will need to sift your corn meal to remove the larger pieces.  The cool thing is once you grind your corn, that sweet starchy corn smell that is barely there in store bought meal is HUGE and totally in your face!  And if you want to take it up another notch, roast it for a little bit to really release the corn oil locked in the grain.

Thanks Smoke. I think I'll first see if EarthFare or Trader Joe's grind corn meal in the store. We'll be getting a Whole Foods sometime in the next 6 months too so maybe there.

I have to stop feeding my equipment obsession somewhere  Wink

Dan
Creature
Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Vancouver, BC

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »

Grining your own cornmeal, awesome!  That has to be great.  Too bad they don't make one for my Cuisinart mixer Cry
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 11:34:09 AM »

Cornbread recipe

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
rbsimons

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »

IC , In reviewing your recipe I see that it calls for sugar how Sweet is the cornbread?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: