Broil King Keg Forum
February 21, 2018, 01:38:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABTs)  (Read 29859 times)
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »

Hmm, BBQ wacko's on the internet... Should I be taking that personally  Huh

I still haven't done a bacon explosion!  I have threatened to make one several times, but my GF is a nurse, she makes a bad face and mumbles something about heart, arteries and blockages so,,,,

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Lando
BKCG Hero of the Month

Roswell GA

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »

I finally got around to cooking the chorizo/goat cheese ones.  They came out pretty good, I made them twice and both time there were none left.

* 100_0621.JPG (52.63 KB, 448x336 - viewed 529 times.)
microboy

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »

Hi All,

I am new to the site, but tried the original recipe on the first page...just the idea of how they turned out makes my eyes water! 

That said, keeping this recipe simple seems to make all the difference in the world!  I used the chorizo and instead of cheddar, used a jack cheese and boy did these things rock.  But agreeing with Ricky Bobby, I think all things wrapped in bacon are fantastic!

Making another round of these this weekend and instead of using garlic powder I will substitute some seasoning salt...we will see.

q
BleuMnM

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »

Pretty much followed the recipe RB posted (minus sausage), used thin-sliced bacon, but I wrapped them too tight!  They were convection-roasted in my oven at 275 for 45 minutes.  As the bacon cooked and shrank, too much filling was squeezed out.  Otherwise they came out done to perfection.  They were a HUGE hit at the appetizer party, the ABTs vanished, the recipe was requested and distributed. 

I was asked about and explained the Bubba Keg Grill which of course I have never laid eyes upon and am hoping to have very soon.  At least my grill cover from Home Depot is on the way!

Kill it, smoke it, eat it - the Endless Circle of Life
Ricky Bobby
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 09:21:33 AM »

I've made these 4 times now, and every time I hold back on the quantity thinking no one would want them.  And every time they vaporize and people beg for more.  I've also learned that they're pretty hard to mess up, even if the cheese squeezes out.
BleuMnM

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 08:03:49 PM »

You are SO right, RB.  I made 3 dozen, took over 2 dozen, put the rest in the fridge and that leaves, uh, 8.  The remaining 4 were eaten cold right from the fridge.  Who the heck would eat a cold, bacon-wrapped ABT?  My GF will be upset it wasn't her.

I'll be making Batch Two for the Christmas Food Fest.  Got word today the BKG should be heading in my general direction in about 2 weeks.

Kill it, smoke it, eat it - the Endless Circle of Life
Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »

Wow, looks like these are a party staple now  Grin  I've made them twice and they were gone quick both times.  We're having a small party on the 26th, maybe 20 people and I plan to make ABTs and a few other treats  Tongue

BleuMnM, congrats on the shipping news!!!  Post some pics of that new shiny cooker when you unwrap it!  I know you're going to love it  Cool

Luck,
Boat 

BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »

Hey All,

Like lots of you, we had a Christmas party.  We had a bunch of guests show up early, so I got to distracted to take picks  I did get one pic of the bacon wrapped items almost done!!!  Check out the ABTs, blue cheese stuffed dates and pickled watermelon rinds  Grin

Happy Holidays!
Boat

Braddog

St. Louis, MO

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2009, 07:35:06 PM »

That's truly a thing of beauty!

Cheers,
Braddog

Cause few things go together as well as Beer & BBQ
http://grillandbarrel.com
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »

Happy Holidays!
Boat

Boat, That truly is a thing of beauty and art! I'll be doin' a load of abts this weekend for the Saints win in the Super Bowl. I'm not a BK owner yet but, I'm on the verge of ordering a Big Steel Keg soon. I'll be griliin mine on my Traeger. I am hungry for some abts right now!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »

Hey Cajunator, Thanks Grin
Traeger huh,

Pellet poopers are great for easy low-n-slow I hear.  Lots of pros use them.  They are a really good cooker.  Hey I read someone was setting up his Traeger on a electric start timer so when he got home his ribs were just getting finished!  Have you got a timer hooked to that thing?  That would be cool, but I think a BCKG/BSK would be a nice add to the asenal for pizza, steaks and other high temps.  Ya gota try a low-n-slow on it too. Stuff comes out so moist!

Hope to see you cooking ABT's on one of these!
Boat

Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 11:00:09 PM »

Hey Cajunator, Thanks Grin
Traeger huh,

Pellet poopers are great for easy low-n-slow I hear.  Lots of pros use them.  They are a really good cooker.  Hey I read someone was setting up his Traeger on a electric start timer so when he got home his ribs were just getting finished!  Have you got a timer hooked to that thing?  That would be cool, but I think a BCKG/BSK would be a nice add to the asenal for pizza, steaks and other high temps.  Ya gota try a low-n-slow on it too. Stuff comes out so moist!

Hope to see you cooking ABT's on one of these!
Boat

I'm not too sure about using a timer on a grill. Your meat would have to be sitting unfrigerated for X amount of time. Good way to get some sort of bacteria growing. Huh?
Yea, a BSK is gonna be a nice addition. Do you really need a reason? ;)I don't know how much longer I'll have to live when I bring it home though. My wife already thinks I have too many outdoor cooking apparatus's.Lol.... I tell her it's like guns. Can't have too many! Then she says the same about diamonds. Can't win! Ya know?  Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 06:03:58 AM »

I'm not too sure about using a timer on a grill. Your meat would have to be sitting unfrigerated for X amount of time. Good way to get some sort of bacteria growing. Huh?
Yea, a BSK is gonna be a nice addition. Do you really need a reason? ;)I don't know how much longer I'll have to live when I bring it home though. My wife already thinks I have too many outdoor cooking apparatus's.Lol.... I tell her it's like guns. Can't have too many! Then she says the same about diamonds. Can't win! Ya know?  Huh Roll Eyes Grin
Ya, the post I saw (different forum) He was using it up north in the winter.  He was more worried about'm freezing before the grill kicked on! LoL  Couldn't do it all year..

Wow, the diamonds comeback is a good one Undecided  I can't help you with that Huh  You don't want advice from me in that area anyway.  Not long ago I asked my GF if she'd like to make a little weekend trip just out to someplace we'd never been.  She was all happy and excited Shocked  I took her to the "Degaque" a BBQ competition!  We'll I'm still hearing about that once in a while  Sad

Good luck,
Boat

Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 06:26:07 AM »

Oh, I don't need too much help with the diamonds. I think I'm up to date there. Remember, I liked to buy guns every so often. ;DI'm actually ahead of the game here, I bought here a Kindle(e-book)and gave her exclusive access to an account that she can order any book she wants for Christmas as she loves to read. So, I'm good after thinking about that one. Maybe I'll tell her the BSK is for her,Lol.....

Yea, you could get away with the timer in the cold north. Down here in Louisiana it wouldn't be a good idea.

sconner
Resident Keg Mad Scientist

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 08:02:06 AM »

Cajunator....you get a BSK then she's gonna want the new iPad for reading her books!   Grin

I'm just glad my wife doesn't have any expensive hobbies!  I use to ride motocross...now I do road-racing (closed track of course) and am a computer gamer/geek with electronics all over the house.  We couldn't afford for her to have expensive hobbies!   Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: