Broil King Keg Forum
May 21, 2018, 02:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMC Product Update (June 1st, 2011).  (Read 269138 times)
ross

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »

Broil King Keg?  That name does nothing for me, don't know about you guys.

That new BSK looks like a great option to install into a table

As a Canadian I fully agree that the new name "Broil King Keg" degrades this great product. No offense OMC but most people equate the Broil King name with #2 quality consumer barbecues, nothing too special. Top tier brand names are those such as Napoleon and Weber (and other names beyond the price range of most consumers.)

Big Steel Keg was much more descriptive and demanded a premium price. If I saw the name "Broil King Keg" on this product in a store I would move on and not give it a second look.

OMC, sorry, you missed the boat. The cache has been lost with this name change.
Smokey_Mtn
Superhero Member

My carbon footprint is growing

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »

Along with all of the new accessories, OMC have also purchased and will be distributing the TruCue lump charcoal, including Canada.

Thanks for the update BBQBeaver.  What new accessories are you referring to?  If its in another post I apologize, have been a little busy lately.

Not intended to be a factual statement
kstater

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »

The name change doesn't really bother me, but the price Shocked

The two things that led me to this site and the keg were price and portabilty versus ceramics.  If those prices are correct, I have to choose between price and portability.  Can't get both anymore. 
waldo

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »

Thanks for the update BBQBeaver.  What new accessories are you referring to?  If its in another post I apologize, have been a little busy lately.
There are accessories for Big Steel Keg listed on this TrueValue Hardware site:

http://tinyurl.com/3lrgy9y

Hopefully that means that the BSK will be sold by that chain.
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

Beav thank you for taking the time to post this very comprehensive and detailed communication

What killed the board? Narcissists
Gator
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »

Beav thank you for taking the time to post this very comprehensive and detailed communication

X2, Beave; you da man!
BirdNerd
Superhero Member

San Rafael, CA

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »

Thanks for checking on that!  Now they just have to get them distributed some more convenient place for me between Ontario and Southern California.  Cheesy

Here's an easy way to check where you can get the 2000 in the US (would suggest calling ahead to check on availability at your nearest location):
http://www.osh.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeLocator.cfm

One of The (more than) Few. The Proud. The Kalifornia KegMen.
Shameless plug for our Lake Tahoe rental cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/120638
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »

...Now they just have to get them distributed some more convenient place for me between Ontario and Southern California.  Cheesy

Did you guys know the southernmost part on Ontario is more south than the most northern part of California?
------------------

FINALLY, it comes out. New acronyms for the board I guess: BKK, and BSK2.
waldo

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 07:44:41 PM »

Here's an easy way to check where you can get the 2000 in the US (would suggest calling ahead to check on availability at your nearest location):
http://www.osh.com/eng/storeSection/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeLocator.cfm

They appear to only be in California.  Contrary to a common Canadian misconception, not all of the US is contained in California.  Cheesy

BirdNerd
Superhero Member

San Rafael, CA

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »

They appear to only be in California.  Contrary to a common Canadian misconception, not all of the US is contained in California.  Cheesy

Sorry, I thought OSH was in other states. I checked the OSH website and the 2000 wasn't yet listed. Seems strange that the 2000 and 4000 are being retailed in different locations. Having the two side by side would be great for the company. Some will pick the 2000, others would opt for more features in the 4000. Snce they have the 4000 in BBQ galore in Canada, don't know why they dont have them in the US.

One of The (more than) Few. The Proud. The Kalifornia KegMen.
Shameless plug for our Lake Tahoe rental cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/120638
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 08:52:14 PM »

Did you guys know the southernmost part on Ontario is more south than the most northern part of California?
------------------

Really?
Gonna have to check that
I know that SF is closer to Hawaii than LA
Weird

waldo

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »

Really?
Gonna have to check that
I know that SF is closer to Hawaii than LA
Weird
While you're at it, remember that you have to drive south from Detroit to get to Windsor.
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »

I got a cheap globe which could be a little off
Looks neck to neck to me
Smiley

Still didn't think we were that far north
Weather is warmer
Smiley

waldo

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 06:52:20 AM »

I got a cheap globe which could be a little off
Looks neck to neck to me
Smiley

Still didn't think we were that far north
Weather is warmer
Smiley
Spent a week in Walnut Creek many years ago. It was August, and a relative let us use their empty house while we toured SF for the first time. Drove across the mountains into The City every day. We would leave Walnut Creek when it was 95 deg. at 8am, and arrive an hour later in SF in 45 deg weather (in August!).
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 07:25:26 AM »

Smokey, I am guessing you are not that far from Monterey Peninsula ... one of my favourite places.

And yes, I am physically located closer to the equator than a lot of states (like Washington, Oregon, Montana, Dakota's, Minn., etc.) but you still get much nicer weather.

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: