Broil King Keg Forum
May 21, 2018, 02:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMC Product Update (June 1st, 2011).  (Read 269135 times)
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »

haha that is good to hear. That's what I paid ($903.99 CAD to be exact) and have already been loving it! So long as it doesn't die on me right after the warranty runs out (2 years time?) I will be one happy camper.

The BSK/BKK carry a 10 year warranty!

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2011, 02:15:06 PM »

The keg "seems overpriced" to someone that sees a strange looking charcoal grill that might be used several weekends a year in the summer to grill steaks.
Ribs? Ya buy them Pre-cooked at the store.
They also sell pulled pork ready made, what the heck would I do with a whole shoulder?
Look over there ! A nice shinny grill with five burners!
I'll check to see if the automatic starter works, can't deal with matches. Should I wait till after I buy this to get the rotisserie ? Heck I need the smoker tray.
Can add pecan flavor to the premade ribs, boy are my buddies gonna be impressed, it's bigger than Phil's. Plus I spent 1,889 on this on sale.

Can believe some poor sucker is gonna buy that keg and have to deal with messy charcoal. The thing don't even use brickets.  Yep a sucker is born every minute.

What killed the board? Narcissists
bongobong

« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »

The BSK/BKK carry a 10 year warranty!

Sweet! Better find that receipt of mine and maybe frame it and put it on my wall so I don't lose it!
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2011, 06:36:32 PM »

Hey there everyone,

It appears that OMC is showing us some progress,and is trying to spread the word regarding the BKK.  I just did a google search to see if any new retailers would pop up, and the youtube video below did come up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00J0Jsthrso

Has anyone else noticed the nice Keg accessories in that video?
Including the pizza pan with the same handle as the Keg dissuser.

BakonGrill
Superhero Member

A couple miles from Horse Shoe, NC

« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2011, 06:53:41 PM »

Yeah, didn't OMC plan on coming out with several accessories that would make use of the handle? I think that was why they stopped including the handle with the diffuser, and selling it separately.

It's unfortunate that the video continues the myth of not filling the lump above the level of the air holes.

BakonG
spoon

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »

i think they just copied the original destructions they need to REALLY do a cook on it Wink
Raider_SPE

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:45 PM »

looks like the website is up and running.

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/2010/grills/keg/keg.html

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/2010/grills/keg/accessories.html

I do not see any mention of the lower end model on the site.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:39:35 AM by Skinsandos » Logged
waldo

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2011, 11:46:36 AM »

looks like the website is up and running.

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/2011/grills/keg/keg.html

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/2011/grills/keg/accessories.html

I do not see any mention of the lower end model on the site.
It looks like that site is for Canada only. At least, it is not complete, as the dealer locater, and country changing options are not yet working.

TennesseeSmoker

US Army Retired

« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »

When I click on the link I get "Page not Found".  Is this page only available in Canada?

Some folks eat to live, I live to eat!
ross

« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2011, 07:51:30 PM »

I am in Canada and cannot see it anywhere either. It seems OMC took the page down.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:59:25 PM by ross » Logged
ICSmoke

Iowa City, IA

« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »

sites don't work for me either. Sad

so easy a Keg man could do it...
Bucco Bruce

« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »

I just called the OMC customer service line to attempt to order the multi tool and the CI grate, and the rep told me that their ETA on getting the accessories for the new model grills is not until August 15th.  I read another post where someone was able to order the multi tool and CI grate, but OMC told me I have to wait till August.  Strange.....

He also did say that Home Depot and Ace Hardware will be selling the accessories, but probably not till September.  I found this information puzzling.

Anyway, if anyone out there has more information, or can shed some light on this, please do.

I also called OSH to check on the shipping and delivery status of my newly ordered BSK2000 (ordered Sunday, July 10th), and the rep told me I would be receiving an email today with that information. So anyone who ordered one from them, during the weekend sale, be expecting an email soon.
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:37 AM »

I just called the OMC customer service line to attempt to order the multi tool and the CI grate, and the rep told me that their ETA on getting the accessories for the new model grills is not until August 15th.  I read another post where someone was able to order the multi tool and CI grate, but OMC told me I have to wait till August.  Strange.....

He also did say that Home Depot and Ace Hardware will be selling the accessories, but probably not till September.  I found this information puzzling.

Try calling OMC back and ordering a replacement BubbaKeg or BigSteel Keg Grate and Multi tool, it doesn't have ot be for the new line (unless they are out of old stock accessories).

Bucco Bruce

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2011, 10:42:55 AM »

Try calling OMC back and ordering a replacement BubbaKeg or BigSteel Keg Grate and Multi tool, it doesn't have ot be for the new line (unless they are out of old stock accessories).

BBQBeaver,

Thanks for the tip.  I will attempt to do that.  The rep asked which model I had, and I informed him I am waiting to receive the BSK2000, so he just went the route of telling me to wait till August.  So I will handle it like a replacement order.  Again, thanks for the tip.
Bucco Bruce

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2011, 10:46:58 AM »

I just spoke with OMC today, and was told that all the accessories should be in and available by 9/1/11.  So I was told to call back mid August to place my order.  Apparently they are out of multi tools, cast iron grill grate 2 tier sets, and even the covers are back ordered. 

Still hoping my new BSK2000 will get here early next week. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: