Broil King Keg Forum
July 19, 2018, 01:54:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keg "Meetup" 2010  (Read 44673 times)
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »

I have to say it's a great idea but it is a huge undertaking.
As you may remember I considered organizing the effort a while back in north Alabama in Scottsboro at a sort of small resort community and I still think it would be a great place to do it but. There's always a "but". It does take funds to reserve space.They have several cottages, a golf course, marina and boat rentals(great fishing), a campground(RV), a decent restaurant and motels a few miles away.
It's actually a little out of the town of Scottsboro and they have supermarkets for necessities as well as a Wal-Mat...Who..whoooo.......!!!! Lol...

Fall or Spring would be my first suggestion for having a get together and up there the weather and scenery is pretty darn nice.

http://goosepond.org/about-us

Personally I think Goosepond is a fantastic place to hold such an event. Scottsboro has a population of about 17,000 and the people there are pretty nice.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
wd88
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 04:31:03 AM »

I'm more than a few hours away from any of the proposed locations, being up in the Pac NW and all, but I'm down for pretty much anywhere, given enough lead time as far as time off from work, travel arrangements, etc. Having to bring my keg for a massive keg party would obviously add to travel time, unless it's just the massive keg o' beer party Grin

Actually being able to meet the people behind the avatars on this forum (some have already) would be so cool it's beyond words.

Dave

BSK
Cobb
Ducane
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: