Broil King Keg Forum
June 20, 2018, 09:43:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keg "Meetup" 2010  (Read 44539 times)
Ricky Bobby
« on: March 12, 2010, 09:37:27 AM »

Keggers,

We've been listening to your requests for a gathering of Keg enthusiasts and all we have to say is...game on!

We're interested in hosting the event, but we want to take an "open source" approach to the proceedings.  That means we're looking for input and ideas from you guys to make it happen.  Look in this board for threads to develop the details.

We're looking to start small, but we also want to put on a quality event that will attract participants and set the stage for an annual gathering.

Stay tuned!

RB
Kegeer

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:14:27 PM »

Awesome!  If I can get my BSK there (ha ha) I will attend!
Geno

Spokane, Wa.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »

Does a 737 have a trailer hitch receiver?

Bikes, Beer and BBQ!
BakonGrill
Superhero Member

A couple miles from Horse Shoe, NC

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 10:10:38 AM »

Does a 737 have a trailer hitch receiver?

Grin  Grin  Grin

Just where ya gonna park that thing, Geno?  Cheesy
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »

Make it for Saturday, September 4th ....
Then Sunday put us all on a bus and take us over to Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Labor Day Classic 500!!  Shocked Grin

J/K, that is 'The One Who Must Be Obeyed' birthday, and that would be awefully hard to make fly!

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Pickle Bob

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 05:40:31 PM »

September/October sounds good. I might melt in that Ga. heat. Have to call my Glock guy to get a factory tour while I'm there.
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »

I'm booked in September and October doing bbq cook-offs in Jennings, Port Allen, Grand Coutou, and  Ponchatoula. Make it November and you have a deal.

Is it burnt??
g_atchley

Miramar Beach, FL - Grill baby, grill!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 02:29:38 PM »

Is there any new thinking on this? I would be interested in an Oct/Nov event. What is the venue...somewhere in Atlanta, right? Any other details yet, or is this still just getting started?

-Greg.
Cajun

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 06:57:09 AM »

Oct 3 in Athens would be cool.  LSU vs GA tailgate extraordinaire.  Tailgating is what Bubba Keg excels at that non of the other egg cookers can touch, and nobody does tailgating like the SEC! Grin

cajun   
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 01:08:31 PM »

Well "2010" is long gone and we still haven't gotten together.

I think we just need to organize something ourselves, looking at next year.

The two biggest obstacles are finding a date that works for most, and probably more importantly a place.
One member was looking at options, but nothign has coem about, so I am going to ask each of you to start thinking about places you know.

I am going to say we would probably need a camp ground or park which offers camp sites and cabins and has a hotel near by to accomodate all.
Location will probably be the biggest determining factor of who can/will make it, so it 'should' be a central as possible.
I am suggesting we keep it a 'private' function (no public attendees) to avoid licensing, etc. for the first attempt.
We can worry about format, contests, costs, sponsors, bands, VIP Keg Hero party, etc. later.

... if you build it they will come

P.S. I will also bring my golf clubs (hint hint)

Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »

Well "2010" is long gone and we still haven't gotten together.

I think we just need to organize something ourselves, looking at next year.

The two biggest obstacles are finding a date that works for most, and probably more importantly a place.
One member was looking at options, but nothign has coem about, so I am going to ask each of you to start thinking about places you know.

I am going to say we would probably need a camp ground or park which offers camp sites and cabins and has a hotel near by to accomodate all.
Location will probably be the biggest determining factor of who can/will make it, so it 'should' be a central as possible.
I am suggesting we keep it a 'private' function (no public attendees) to avoid licensing, etc. for the first attempt.
We can worry about format, contests, costs, sponsors, bands, VIP Keg Hero party, etc. later.

... if you build it they will come

P.S. I will also bring my golf clubs (hint hint)

Still think this would be cool.

Location is the issue.  Maybe we need to plan a few different ones to spread it out so more people can go?

Beav would you be flying or hoping to drive?

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »

Still think this would be cool.

Location is the issue.  Maybe we need to plan a few different ones to spread it out so more people can go?

Beav would you be flying or hoping to drive?

Since this first one will probably 'self organized' as a group, we will all have to bring our own cookers.
I haven't seen any trailer hitches on commercial jets (Roniecowpony?) so I was thinking about driving.
Hopefully I will have my camper/RV by then...

Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »

Since this firs toen will probably 'self organized' as a group, we will all have to bring our own cookers.
I haven't seen any trailer hitches on commercial jets (Roniecowpony?) so I was thinking about driving.
Hopefully I will have my camper/RV by then...

How far would you be willing to drive? 

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
TAURUS BBQ
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 01:39:23 PM »

Let me put it this way, if all of you guys are going to commit to get together for a weekend, I want to be there.
I originally thought it would be held in the Atlanta area, which is probably 12 hours drive from here.

Hell, if Skins is hosting I will do the 20 hours there straight!

Vindii
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »

Let me put it this way, if all of you guys are going to commit to get together for a weekend, I want to be there.
I originally thought it would be held in the Atlanta area, which is probably 12 hours drive from here.

Hell, if Skins is hosting I will do the 20 hours there straight!

Cool.  Pick me up on the way...

Id like to keep the drive to something that can be done in a day.

See post 18

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: