Broil King Keg Forum
November 18, 2018, 03:44:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooking “For the Love of Dogs”!  (Read 15916 times)
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« on: May 16, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »

WOW, what a weekend we had raising money to help our furry friends at this charity event!
http://www.dogmadogcare.com/?page_id=1385

Without a doubt the best part of the whole weekend (for me) was getting to know and working with Razzorbackjim and GT1043!  These two guys were willing to and “did do” anything and everything to make this cook a success.  I am deeply indebted to both for all they did.  I don’t even know if the right words exist to properly express my thanks for all their help and support.

We worked together from Saturday AM to PM injecting, prepping and setting up the cook area.  Once the butts were on Sat PM - GT1043 pulled out deboned, stuffed chickens, hot sausages and sides from a local Cajun meat market and made us all a great late night meal Tongue  Jim offered to watch the grill temps while GT and I got a few hours of sleep (what a guy!)

At 4:30 AM we were all back at it getting the ribs ready and just kept going from then on.  Together we shared tips and tricks and made a lot of great BBQ!

At noon on Sunday the crowd started coming in!  It was “a lot” more people than we thought were going to show…  We had agreed to flip burgers and dogs on the still hot and ready Kegs and boy did we ever Roll Eyes  After cooking all night and Jim with no sleep at all, we flipped “hundreds” of burgers and dog.

This is where both Jim and GT really showed incredible spirit!  After an all night cook and tired, we pulled the hot diffusers off Kegs, bumped up the temps and hustled 4 more hours of fast pace short order cooking.  I think it helped that we received a constant flow of thanks and praise on our BBQ as we watched it sell out in a big way!  Compliments like “best dang pork sandwich I ever ate!” and “wholly crap! These ribs are phenomenal!” came in by the dozens Shocked Shocked Shocked

Jim and GT really showed what it means to be a Kegger!  Their hard work and selfless determination generate a lot of money to save many very needy four legged friends from kill shelters and other bad situations Cry  Please take a moment to thank these two great guys for all they’ve done!

Also a quick thanks to “Tin Cup” who dropped by Sat PM and helped out for a few hours (it was great getting to meet you) and the other board members and lurkers the stopped in to say hello on Sunday!

Cheers!
Boat

PS - I think we sold a few Kegs too Wink

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:40:27 AM »

Sounds like a good time and a great job by all.

Where the pics???

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:21:50 AM »

Here are a few, just so you know it happened Wink

I think Razor got a lot more on his camera...

Ready to hit the Kegs

Ain't that purty Cool

Cool AM, but the ribs are all on!

1st butt done

Cooks snack

1st ribs done

BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »

Now were talking.  I like the pic of all the kegs lined up.  That a pretty impressive thing you guys did.  Nice work.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
gotbeer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 10:44:34 AM »

Always nice to help out for a good cause.  Great work, guys.  I wish I lived closer looked and sounded like a good time.
Tin Cup

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »

Boat Razzorbackjim and Gt1043 it was great to meet you guys .I appreciate all the info you shared with me. Know if I can implement it in my cooking. After looking at the pictures I should of come back on Sunday to eat and help you guys.
I heard a rumor that after Boat and Gt1043 went to sleep there was some Mesquite added to the fire any truth to that Razzorbackjim ? If you guys need any help in the future let me know .I would like to help out again .I bet that chicken was good too. Thanks again Tin Cup
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 04:36:35 PM »

That just had to be fun!!! Too far for me though.

Great job guys

Is it burnt??
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »

Great Job Guys - I am sorry I missed it, I was committed to a fishing tourney but the weather was bad

Keg Hero of the Month all 4 of you

Let hear more on the mesquite 

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

Sounds like a great time and a great success!  Sorry I wasn't able to make it!  I agree w/Skins--HOTM for all of you!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 04:08:13 AM »

Sounds like a great time and a great success!  Sorry I wasn't able to make it!  I agree w/Skins--HOTM for all of you!
Thanks guys I've had my HotM, but maybe this could put Razzorback and GT in the running Wink

Dataspaz
Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Frisco, Texas

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 05:19:38 AM »

The picture with all the butts laid out is great. That is a ton of food. You guys did a wonderful job. I'm an animal lover my self so Kudo's to the hard work you all put in for such a great cause.

Run......  Run......... Dive!!!!!!!!
rhodeje
Superhero Member

Central Illinois

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 07:25:20 AM »

That's great you guys. You have answered a lot of prayers. God love ya all!!

If you can eat it SMOKE IT!
Known now as the Adopted Brother.
KCBS judge
CBJ
Central Illinois
RazorbackBBQJim
Superhero Member

Maryville, Tn. (just south of Knoxville)

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »

Boat and Dick...it was a great time to work with ya'll.  Trust me...Boat worked as had if not harder than anyone!!!!! If this was any indication of the quality of people we have an the forum....I sure want to meet more of you!! TinCup...the mesquite was supposed to be a secret between me and you!!!! Wink

Jim

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!!!!!
RazorbackBBQJim
Superhero Member

Maryville, Tn. (just south of Knoxville)

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »

Sorry....here are some more pic's

Just looking at those pic's remindes how hard we worked....and then we really got busy with a few hundred hamgugers and hotdogs!!!!
But we did have fun!!!!

Jim
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:28:43 AM by Boat-n-BBQ » Logged

IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!!!!!
Boat-n-BBQ
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »

Funny, we didn't get any cooking shots of Dick (GT1043) but that was not the case...  He was "on it" the whole time and made dinner for us to boot Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: