Broil King Keg Forum
August 21, 2018, 11:24:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Poll
Question:  What type of accomodations would you need? #4 if you would definitely attend - vote twice on what type of site if you select definitely attend - if unsure just vote for the site type that would lure you the most
Camper site w/electric & sewer - 5 (15.2%)
Cabin - 7 (21.2%)
Motel Room - 12 (36.4%)
I will attend - 9 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Southeast Kegstock~ Get together  (Read 11337 times)
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« on: March 17, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »

In order to get some idea of what type of accomodations would be needed I put this quick poll up so I could begin to research this event.
If you will be bringing someone along such as a wife, girlfriend, both or mother and or all three( ;Dsorry I couldn't resist)please post something here so I can get a rough idea for how many might participate.

What are your thoughts on children attending? Maybe we should limit it to adults for the first time. Add your two cents on this as well.

I do have two potential sites in mind that I sort of have connections with nearby that can help with this. I am reluctant to post them yet as I want to explore more options before doing so.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »

I'm game. I'd like to have a RV place but worst case would be me load it up on the back of the truck. Probably just me and Mrs RB and I got plenty of room for the Margarita machine.

Make sure there is a Holiday Inn nearby if not at a camp ground.

Is it burnt??
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »

Unless I come alone, I would have to bring my rugrats.  We have Three, and its dang compicated finding someone to watch three for a whole weekend.  That being said, count me in!  I'll just make it work, somehow. Grin

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »

Unless I come alone, I would have to bring my rugrats.  We have Three, and its dang compicated finding someone to watch three for a whole weekend.  That being said, count me in!  I'll just make it work, somehow. Grin

No problem we need Kegerettes that babysit

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
Gig em

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »

Count me in with hubby in tow.  We don't have a camper, so hotel or tent camping is a must.
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:48:09 PM »

I must appologize, I intended to allow two post per person. One being where you intended to come and the other to pick a preference of staying accomodations. I screwed that up as I don't think I have ever posted a poll before.

If you would from here on out, just select your preference to stay in a motel, cabin or camper space. the figures would still work out. Now, it just so happens that at least one of the two places I have in mind so far does in fact have a tent camping area. More about that later.

I would still ask you to state how many would be attending and state adults, # of children and their ages.

Like I said this is mainly to get an idea of how many people we would have attending. Thatks guys and gals. Bare with me here.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 04:48:35 AM »

I'm game. I'd like to have a RV place but worst case would be me load it up on the back of the truck. Probably just me and Mrs RB and I got plenty of room for the Margarita machine.

Make sure there is a Holiday Inn nearby if not at a camp ground.
Same with me and the 1st Mate, minus the Margarita machine Sad  I will bring ingredients Grin

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »

I will have my 83 year old father he is quite spry and my brother in law (brother from another mother)

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
Renegade

Atlanta, GA

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 06:26:30 AM »

Count my myself and the wife in if it doesn't interfere with my work travel. 
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 06:34:59 AM »

Id like to go but I cant really commit until you know where it will be.  A 6 hour drive for me barely gets me out of Illinois.  It may be cheaper for me to fly depending on where it is but then I cant bring my keg.

You may want to pick a few rough locations and see what people would prefer.  I dont want you to move this farther north if I'm the only one coming from up this far.

Also depending on if people would be flying in you may want to have it near a major airport.  Some of them smaller airports cost a fortune to fly into.  Im not sure if anyone would actually fly out or not.

I also wonder if as the "grilling season" (is there one?) gets going I am sure the traffic on this board is going to jump up.  You may get more people interested in going as spring comes and it starts to get warmer.

Lots to think about.  Thanks for taking the time to get the ball rolling.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Smokin in Peosta
2X Hero of the Month; 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Smokem if youv'e got them

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 07:00:46 AM »

My attending would all depend on the time, the later in the fall the better, Cabin or hotel doesn't matter. I would like to bring spouse, some of my kids if possible, my children are all involved in sports. If nothing else, possibly by myself. Lots of factors involved. Untill date is selected, I just don't know. One thing for certain though, I would really like to be there.

Mike
fan1970
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »

My boss(wife) would definitely be coming with me due to my limitations driving and the fact she would want to...I dont have a camper but a cabin or a place to pitch a tent would be fun... We are very interested just depends on when and how much notice we can give for her vacation time. We are close to Sioux City Iowa so it would be a good drive but thats ok. In July or August we will be driving to Boaz, Alabama to pick up or drop off my nephew.

I'm not always right, but I always have an opinion.

My two favorite NFL teams are Dallas and ANYBODY that plays Washington
barnettworld

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 06:20:56 PM »

My boss(wife) would definitely be coming with me due to my limitations driving and the fact she would want to...I dont have a camper but a cabin or a place to pitch a tent would be fun... We are very interested just depends on when and how much notice we can give for her vacation time. We are close to Sioux City Iowa so it would be a good drive but thats ok. In July or August we will be driving to Boaz, Alabama to pick up or drop off my nephew.

Boaz, AL is just around the corner from me. Hit me up when it gets close and maybe I can recommend some great dining places. Of course, there's always something on the bubba here at my place.
Caj can tell ya, I'm not too bad of a guy.
barnettworld

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »

I'd love to be a part of the inaugural Kegstock. I would probably bring one other with me... Either my wife or a buddy I've gotten interested in frilling/smoking depending on the time, location, etc...
twistedpit
Surf & Turf Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

When humor goes, there goes civilization.

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »

Have Keg will travel.  Put me down for 2. I get to sleep outside with the dog all the time(when I get in trouble with the wifey), so it'd be a treat to have running water and a hot shower.  I'd assume we'd be up most of the first night cooking and getting to know each other. Hotel for two.

DISCLAIMER:
DUE TO SUBJECT MATTER VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: