Broil King Keg Forum
October 16, 2018, 05:22:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION~ Bubba Keg Get Together?  (Read 35928 times)
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »

I was thinking today about how far I would travel to eat some of the food that you guys cook and its pretty damn far.

Certainly wouldn't be hungry after that weekend.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Comeaux
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »

As some of you know, I also have a Orion Cooker that I use as well as my Bubba Keg. Orion sponsors several meetings around the country every year. Christian Fitzgerald is the Orion President and CEO. Christian attends all of the events and participates. He furnishes all of the paper products, foil and side dishes.  Christian also brings extra Orion Cookers for the people that just want to try using one or the ones that couldn't bring their cooker. He will have Orion T-Shirts and Orion Rub to pass out at every event to all that attend.

If you are interested in seeing how Orion does it go to : http://www.theorioncooker.com/community/forums/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=c26e48db5620e2f3abb29ab585963e67.

I don't mean this to be a post about "this is the way that you should do it" it is just an idea about one way to do it. We pay our own expenses and Orion provides a place for us to meet with the assistance of one of the "Orionites" that is willing to be the host.We will be at Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville, LA on April 16th, come on over if you are close by. We will be in one of the park pavilions.
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 05:15:08 AM »

I dont want to make a bunch of people getting together having a good time too much of a "business" event, but maybe even see if someone like John from Pitmaster IQ or other up and coming newer BBQ businesses would like to get in on the fun and maybe grow with this event if it works out.

Fan, have you been peeping my brain? I think Pitmaster would be a great addition. If you could send me his contact info I'll put it in the file. I'm sure it would depend on when we have it. I actually have quite a few ideas but, I'd rather wait and present everything at once.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 05:20:04 AM »

You know, I'm thinking that if things go(and I hope they do)the way I plan. The biggest problem will be getting you guys to leave. Grin
All kidding aside, I'm serious about putting together something that you will all appreciate(I hope)and will be something that I think can we can grow and others will want to copy to have their own "Kegstock".

Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 05:30:27 AM »

"Kegstock".
I like that name!!!

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 05:38:20 AM »

When I first spoke to Ted @ OMC I brought up a meet and he was very interested in it.
However, they are currently focused on getting product into the distribution channel and product to market.

I think if we were to make it happen ourselves, we could look to them for some support.
And as some have mentioned, doing it yourself is a LOT of work, but then you have free rane and control (or lack there of).

To assist in the planning, I am going to start a new thread where forum members can add their ideas of what they would like to see or have at the meet.

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 05:47:53 AM »

I agree with Beav,

The Kegs are two years old to us, but less than 3 months to OMC.  They are still organizing and the spring/summer rush is fast approaching.  By the time Cajunator is ready to talk to them they may be in a better place to listen too Wink

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Cajunate
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »

The most important thing is that I need to know how many people would be attending. I know that is dependant upon location and time of tyear but, in order to get things rolling I need a number of how many to expect?

BakonGrill
Superhero Member

A couple miles from Horse Shoe, NC

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »

If it was within 5-6 hours driving time from western NC, I'd be very inclined to go.

BakonG
Bigtom
Superhero Member

Big STEELERS Keg

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »

Suggestion, should we set up a poll and list def will attend, likely, etc ?

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »

I'm willing to drive up to 6 hours one way.  More than that, I don't think the better half would be game.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 06:56:22 PM »

A 6 hour drive is pretty normal for me. I get tired after 10.

Is it burnt??
maalna2

Nashville, TN

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 08:44:11 AM »

Depending where I would be game also.  Nashville is a pretty nice place.  I know that Opryland hotel has a lot of extra lots that they normally have old car shows or BBQs on.  And I know there is a lot of hotels and KOA/ Yogi Bear camp ground within a mile or two from the site.
BakonGrill
Superhero Member

A couple miles from Horse Shoe, NC

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 09:04:50 AM »

Just a potential suggestion that might be worth checking into, if not for now, then maybe some event down the road-- if anyone decides that the Commonwealth of Kentucky is a site for a Keg get-together, they have a good number of "State Resort Parks" (more facilities than their "State Parks") with a variety of accommodations like motel-type rooms, cabins, camping areas, lodge, restaurant, nature trails, etc. Some have golf courses, lakes for fishing or boating, or even trap shooting ranges. I've stayed at a couple of them for weddings and family reunions, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Good accommodations at reasonable prices.

Just a thought for consideration.

BakonG
RNF
Superhero Member

South East Oklahoma

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

Sounds like a lot of fun but will depend on date and location for the wife and I.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: