Broil King Keg Forum
August 17, 2018, 10:09:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION~ Bubba Keg Get Together?  (Read 35330 times)
BirdNerd
Superhero Member

San Rafael, CA

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »

Just as a reference (don't mean to hijack this thread) but I had put forth a casual poll on this topic last summer:

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=2040.0

One of The (more than) Few. The Proud. The Kalifornia KegMen.
Shameless plug for our Lake Tahoe rental cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/120638
barnettworld

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 06:04:11 PM »

I haven't been as active a forum member from the posting perspective, but I am still cooking and would love to attend a good ole bubba fest... you set the date and location and I'll set the gps
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 05:53:28 AM »

Alright, Like I said this isn't going to be something that happens overnight. I'm going to do some research into find a venue where we could do something but, I do have a few questions. Obviously this won't be something that you come to for 3-4 hours and leave. I'm thinking of it being like a weekend  or 3 day event. That way we'll have time for more than burger or chicken on a keg grill and that's it.

Is a three day deal doable for you guys? I know not everyone has campers so, motels close by or cabins would be available.

When something like this is done it usually isn't free unless it's done at a park of some kind and even then there's usually some sort of expense. Any issues with ponying up funds for this? Believe me I'm not the type to profit off this and I have even lost money doing things.

We will not have the pick of the litter when it comes to getting exactly what we want as far as when we could do this because where we could hold such an event is usually booked for other things too so It will take time to try to organize this but, bare with me.

I do think we can start something that might turn into something quite enjoyable and that can become an annual event. At least I hope so.

Birdnerd, Thanks for the info! That is helpful as I am thinking Central Southeast. This may not be acceptable for everyone but, we have to have a starting point and possibly other centrally located areas can copy from this such event.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 06:21:28 AM »

Sounds good Cajun!

Maybe 3 days 2 nights for the 1st one.  Like Friday night Saturday night - leaving Sunday?  Maybe a fall time frame?  Campers/RVs have hookup fees normally that needs to be payed in advance most places.  I don't see why that couldn't happen..

Getting one of these started is a lot of work!  I appreciate you trying to take it on.  I'm willing to help!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 07:42:06 AM by Boat-n-BBQ » Logged

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 06:45:56 AM »

Sounds good to me.  I think you could plan it for a 3 night and the ones that don't want to take off work for the first night can go Friday.  I thyink everyone understand there will be some costs for a site.  Not a problem here.

It's more about location for me.  Im pretty far north from alot of you.  I think eventually we will end up with a few of these a year in different locations around the country.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 07:11:47 AM »

Caj.---If you are lookin for central southeast, Memphis is pretty central, I can look around to see what is available in this area for you.  I do know its about 10-12 hours to here from WI/North IL/MI areas, and farther for others.  Nashville is pretty central also, but I have no contacts in that area.  Just let me know.  I'll try to help as much as I can.  (Memphis in May World BBQ championship is coming up fast too)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Gig em

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »

I think this sounds great! I would definitely be game if it were in the fall or later.   Cool
Renegade

Atlanta, GA

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 09:58:33 AM »

Does OMC have a care in this matter?  Would they sponsor a place or provide support?
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »

Does OMC have a care in this matter?  Would they sponsor a place or provide support?
Not yet, I will ask.  We'll see what they say.

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
fan1970
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »

I dont want to make a bunch of people getting together having a good time too much of a "business" event, but maybe even see if someone like John from Pitmaster IQ or other up and coming newer BBQ businesses would like to get in on the fun and maybe grow with this event if it works out.

I'm not always right, but I always have an opinion.

My two favorite NFL teams are Dallas and ANYBODY that plays Washington
Renegade

Atlanta, GA

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »

I dont want to make a bunch of people getting together having a good time too much of a "business" event, but maybe even see if someone like John from Pitmaster IQ or other up and coming newer BBQ businesses would like to get in on the fun and maybe grow with this event if it works out.

Me neither Fan.  I just thought OMC would like to have some involvement with their new, loyal customers. 
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »

Guys, I want you to know, I am open to your ideas and suggestions. Contacting OMC is something I'd like to do later after I have specifics and a location ss\elected but, not before. I don't think they'd take us as serious as we'd like if we just look like we are throwing something together and looking to do it on their nickle. If they see we are trying to do something right they will accept us and maybe throw some support our way. Bare with me as I am also trying to get things straight with a Red Cross cook I do in September and as things usually happen I have been almost inundated with work as soon a sI decided to take on this endeavor.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »

Me neither Fan.  I just thought OMC would like to have some involvement with their new, loyal customers. 

Maybe they could offer a keg as the first place prize. Smiley
That would be a sweet first place prize.
I'

Hook an I will go into cahoots.
 I will disable Boat's, Cajun's, and Ron's vehicles or sabotage the rubs Wink
With little brother Ran gotta wait till he plays his guitar, cause it's not safe to prowl around his house at night, I saw what happened to Remy.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Gotta play Travis Matte, to take care of the dogs... :0

Just got to worry about Vindi Wink and some of the other maybes;  hopefully they are still snowed in.
If it looks like we got a contender,  we can mess with the IQ's /vents spike the drinks, slip em  some magic mushrooms,   Smiley

We flip a coin between my buddy  Hook and I to split the prize  Grin

His cooking can take care of the rest easy, with the bacon Rub or mole he can win for sure, just gotta convince Hook he needs me, so he's willing to let me in on a flip....

piece of cake

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

otherwise I don't stand a chance to win anything they way you guys cook....

What killed the board? Narcissists
fan1970
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »

The absolute ONLY thing I NEED from this get together is the CORNBREAD from the cookoff  Grin Purty Please!!!!!

I have no problem with someone from OMC going and even being involved. I just would hope that if it is on our dime they would be understanding and not interfere  even if some of us aint so politically correct and may indulge in an adult beverage or 40. Grin

I'm not always right, but I always have an opinion.

My two favorite NFL teams are Dallas and ANYBODY that plays Washington
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 05:03:22 PM »

Standing by. Have Keg will travel.

Is it burnt??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: