Broil King Keg Forum
August 21, 2018, 04:37:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuffed Mushrooms, Spatchcocked Chicken  (Read 8768 times)
lunchman
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Central Mass.

« on: February 27, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »

The market was having a sale on whole mushrooms this week, so my wife bought a few containers as she knew we'd wind up doing something with them. Earlier in the week they were used for cheesesteaks. Today some were being used for a side dish with chicken dinner, the rest? Hmmm, what to do with them? I searched through the pantry and came up with the following:

Pesto, diced clams (not shown), Balsamic vinegar, crackers and a vegetable seasoning I've been using -

The following "recipe" is the best I can recall as I was simply putting things together based on what looked to be the right consistency and tasted good.

o Chopped mushroom stems
o 3 Tbls pesto
o a splash of EVOO
o 1/4 - 1/2 cup crumbled cracker (used Wheat Thins today)
o 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
o 1/4 - 1/2 tsp vegetable seasoning
o 1 small can chopped/diced clams, drained of clam juice
o Fresh ground pepper to taste

I mixed up a small batch, tasted it and it was ok, but nothing spectacular. The zinger that put it over the top? The Fiore 18 yr old Balsamic vinegar! Man, did that kick it up a notch. The amounts are my best guesses and it was pretty much all based on consistency and taste. Not overly wet, not too dry.

Here's the mixture -

And stuffed into the mushrooms, which have been drizzled with some EVOO and placed in a CI casserole dish -

I baked them on the Keg, around 350 indirect for about 30 minutes -

And a closeup -

For something my wife and I whipped up from stuff we had in the pantry, these were unbelievably good! We had them as appetizers today before the main course which was a spatchcocked chicken with Yardbird and served with the remainder of the mushrooms sauteed with roasted red & green peppers and a sweet potato.

Thanks for checking in on Sunday's dinner.

-lunchman

Bubba Keg, Goldens' Cast Iron Cooker, Bayou Classic Cypress Ceramic, Thermos gas
ronbeaux
BSK Hero of the Month; Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Zachary, Louisiana

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »

That is just over the top!!! Tongue Tongue

Is it burnt??
Smokin in Peosta
2X Hero of the Month; 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Smokem if youv'e got them

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »

That whole meal looks great, those mushrooms sound and look awesome.

Mike
h00kemh0rns
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:40 PM »

Shocked

Mouth watering = Keg recipes!

Daniel

BBQ is all the same basic idea.  Throw some meat onto the fire, cover, get drunk, pass out, wake up and 14 hours later, eat.  This is not a highly refined art form.

Keg FAQhttp://bubbakeg.com/bboard/index.php?topic=2013.0
Bigtom
Superhero Member

Big STEELERS Keg

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »

x2 - the food and pics are amazing.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 07:01:59 AM »

Ummmm....

Holy crap the looks good.  Great cooking and really great pics.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 07:09:12 AM »

Ya this is making the Recipe section!

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 07:15:28 AM »

Ya this is making the Recipe section!

X2

Lunch I bought a bunch of varieties of those gourmet collection spices on clearance at TJ Maxx they are fantastic - I went back and bought another one of every type

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
lunchman
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Central Mass.

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 07:27:51 AM »

X2

Lunch I bought a bunch of varieties of those gourmet collection spices on clearance at TJ Maxx they are fantastic - I went back and bought another one of every type

Yep, that's where my wife bought it - either there or Home Goods. The only problem I've had with buying stuff there is it's hit or miss. If I find something I like, it won't necessarily be there the next time. But I do like using that veggie seasoning, works well on taters, too. That's the only section of the store at TJ Maxx I'll spend any time in.  Smiley

The next time I make these mushrooms I'll try to do a better job at measuring. A lot of times when I'm making stuff up on the fly I just go with it and then think "Damn, I should have been writing this down."

Bubba Keg, Goldens' Cast Iron Cooker, Bayou Classic Cypress Ceramic, Thermos gas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: