Broil King Keg Forum
January 19, 2018, 12:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you'd like to introduce yourselves...  (Read 66360 times)
sizzlepig

Boizee Ideeho

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »

Hello everybody. I am seriously considering the purchase of a BKCG and I stumbled on to this forum. Nobody carries these cookers in my area so I am basing my decision mostly on what I have read here and on BBQBrethren. I love my UDS, Chargriller and Webers but I need somthing that is more efficient for smaller scale cooks without resorting to gas. I believe that I have found what I am looking for in the BKG. Thanks for all of the great info.
Joe from Boise.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:43:44 PM by sizzlepig » Logged

I never met a pig that I didn't like.
EconomicDisconnect
Superhero Member

North of Boston, MA

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »

Hello all!

My Bubba Keg has been purchased, but it is supposed to be a Christmas present from the wife, so I have to wait to play until then.  Also it is off season here in the northeast for grilling, but maybe a nice Allen Brothers prime rib for Christmas week?

About me,
I am a molecular biologist so I am of the scientific mind.  I respect the attention to detail and good experimental methods many users here employ to fine tune their grilling/smoking. 

I am a huge fisherman (senkos rule!!!), love the NFL (Patriots and Saints fan since 1988!), love boxing history (Pryor vs Arguello first fight best fight ever), and a financial junkie (LONG Gold and Silver since 2001 and I write about finance).

Glad to find this resource

For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire
microboy

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »

Hi my name is Quinton.  I am a long time BBQ'r but have recently been introducted to all things Bubba!  THIS GRILL ROCKS BTW, but if you are posting here and reading here...chances are you already know it!

Anyway.  I am purchasing a grill as we speak, but wanted to ask if there were any promotional codes so as to possibly get a little better deal from this already fantastic grill. 

Anyway, I am in San Antonio, TX where grillin' is king.  Even if the beginning of December is cold (and calling for snow), I plan on being out side with my grilling buddies and burning somethin' on the grates. 

I have read many of the posts and tried some of your recipies (which, none of my attempts at these culinary delights have turned out bad), but now it is time to turn it over to the Bubba Keg!

Thanks for your ideas and support on the website, the Bubba Keg staff and contributors are AWESOME!

Respectfully,
Quinton
PaddlinTengu

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 05:50:51 AM »

Merry Christmas to me!!!
I have finaly done it I switched to the "Dark side" I have gone from Gas to a Bubba Keg. 2 meals now and I love it.
I am chomping at the bit to do ribs and pizza. I cant wait for those experiments.
I have heard most of the BGE accessories fit in the keg I hope that is true since there are not many addional accessories for the Keg. Concidering what you get for the price it is an excepional deal.
I look forward to swaping recipes.

Thomas
hawkeye

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:36:48 AM by hawkeye » Logged

BKCG #318 (2009) http://bubbakeg.com/Bubba_Keg_home.aspx
Primo Large Round Kamado (2001) http://primogrill.com/
Auber Controller + 4.7 CFM (2010) http://www.auberins.com/
Brinkman Tabletop Gasser
Ricky Bobby
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 08:26:25 AM »

To Hawkeye...Go Jackets!!

To everyone else...Santa seems to have dropped off a lot of Bubba Keg Grills this year.  Welcome to the community!
SamJenkins
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »

Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Sam and I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to say hey.. I hope I posted this in the right section.. if not, mods please feel free to move it.
Powerman78

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »

Hey everybody, new to the forum and just want to say what a great investment the bubba keg has been. So far I have Q,d brisket, pulled pork, ribs, both Memphis and babyback, and the all famous pizza. Everything turned out great.  I purchased the lodge cast iron pizza pan and use it for a diffuser, it is 14" in diameter and has handles that sit perfectly under the cast iron grate.

BirdNerd
Superhero Member

San Rafael, CA

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »

Hi All, Richard here.

I just received my new "BKCG" the other day and thought I'd provide my first impressions.

As no stores in my area appeared to carry it, I did a lot of research over the internet comparing the BKCG to the Egg. Bottom-line, I couldn't really justify the substantially higher cost of the Egg vs. the BKCG, so I purchased the BKCG from Kamado Guys (www.kamadoguys.com) for $599 + $89 shipping to California.

Interestingly, (and I haven't seen this mentioned on these boards) In-Zone appears to have changed the name of this product to the "Big Steel Keg" (BSK). All of the documentation provided with the grill refers to the "Big Steel Keg" and the logo on the front of the grill says "Big Steel Keg" and not "Bubba Keg". Frankly, I didn't really like the name "Bubba Keg" anyway so I think "Big Steel Keg" is a definite improvement.

Another apparent change is the color of the BSK. It's now a beautiful bronzy green with a slightly "dimpled" surface, instead of the gun metal gray that I've seen in pictures of the BKCG on the internet. To me, it looks less like a keg of beer on wheels now and more like a quality piece of cooking equipment.

I was impressed with how it was shipped. All of the unpacking and assembly instructions were clear and easy to follow. And the "fit and finish" of this product is clearly superior to the Egg. Hats off to the engineers and designers who worked on this product as it's clear they spent a lot of time with the overall design and use of quality materials.

If you're still on the fence about this product vs. the competition, I would strongly recommend taking a long, hard look at the BSK. Even if you can't find it in a local store, it should be easy to find on the internet from companies like Kamado Guys.

I'll report on my experiences cooking on the BSK in a later post.

One of The (more than) Few. The Proud. The Kalifornia KegMen.
Shameless plug for our Lake Tahoe rental cabin: http://www.vrbo.com/120638
TAURUS BBQ
2x Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Niagara Falls, Ontario

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 06:59:05 PM »

Good Day Everyone,

BBQBeaver here from Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada.

I do not have a Big Steel Keg yet, but have decided that this is the perfect new device I need for year round outdoor cooking. I currently grill year round and pull my grill up to the back door on first snow fall, but my current SS/metal gril is on its last leg and I need an good all around cooker for quick mid week grills (steaks, chicken, pork tenderloins) and then something to concentrate on more during the weekends.

I was considering purchasing a new grill (Weber S-470) and a small smoker (even the Bradley digital) for convenience over Candian winter months, but have come to realize a Kamado style cooker would be best suited for all around cooking on a single device. My Grandfather has a BGE, but the ceramics scared me a bit in different weather/temps and the cost of getting one here (try shipping a 250lbs pallet Internationaly through customs) isn't attractive. Then I found some reviews on the Bubba Keg and have spent a lot of time looking into it further and ended up here.

I hope to have one here soon and will try to contribute to this forum as much as I can. Any other Canucks on here?
BBQBeaver

TAURUS BBQ - Championship Cooking
Eat well my friends, eat well!
ejnelson

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 04:03:13 PM »

Hello Everyone!

I am Eric Nelson in Harlan, Iowa. I have a Weber Genisis, a Traeger Professional BBQ124, and Now a Brand New Bubba Keg Convection Grill! I like it...High Heat is the way for Steaks, Chops, and Burgers!

I might try to smoke with it someday for fun when they finally come up with a heat diffuser of some sort...the Traeger is just so easy for smoking anyway I am not in a big hurry. The Weber is now only for instant grilling...when I have no time to spare waiting to heat up.

Cheers to the Bubba Keg...Super High Heat on the Go...the Hitch Idea was Brilliant!

I did have a strange problem where only 3 out of the 4 Front Handle screws would go all the way in and tighten down. The Upper Right went about 3/4 of the way in and stopped going in...and it won't back out either...I am waiting to hear back from customer service. Otherwise all is well and I look forward to reading everyones posts.
gatorbait

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »

I did have a strange problem where only 3 out of the 4 Front Handle screws would go all the way in and tighten down. The Upper Right went about 3/4 of the way in and stopped going in...and it won't back out either...I am waiting to hear back from customer service. Otherwise all is well and I look forward to reading everyones posts.

If you don't mind, post or PM once you hear back from customer service.  I had the same issue with the upper right screw on my BKCG handle.  The handle is snug b/c of the other 3 screws but would like to know if there is an easy fix.

Welcome on board!  There are some guys on here doing pretty cool stuff with these grills.

"When they eat your dog, they're not so cute."
Porchpup

Smoking With Bubba in Celina, TX

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »

If you don't mind, post or PM once you hear back from customer service.  I had the same issue with the upper right screw on my BKCG handle.  The handle is snug b/c of the other 3 screws but would like to know if there is an easy fix.

Welcome on board!  There are some guys on here doing pretty cool stuff with these grills.

Wow! I thought it was something I did that caused the issue with that screw. Seems to be a common problem.  Huh

2009 Bubba Keg #3258.
For Sale--1998 Red Weber Performer, 2008 22.5" WSM and 2009 UniFlame Gold Gasser
bigdtd

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »

Love outdoor grilling, started on Webers 30 years ago, purchased a Big Green Egg last year and now a Bubba Keg to add some additional capacity. Love the Keg and the Egg and Have had great luck with both!
Kegeer

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »

Kegeer here in Ohio (not an OSU guy I'm a Mountaineer, hence the name).  I've been a Charcoal guy forever.  I've got two offset grill/smokers (which I hope to retire)  However, I now have a BSK enroute.  I've been looking @ Eggs and had almost taken the plunge when I started reading about the Bubba.  As of the first of the year my employer changed up our "rewards" site and much to my surprise the BSK was on it.  Soooo, free of charge my BSK is enroute!  I can't wait!  I also took the plunge, as I did not have the initial investment in the grill, and have a ProCom4 on the way complete w/ the 10cfn fan. ( I looked @ several different options but decided this one will best suit my desires)

Anyway, I can't wait to start smoking and grilling w/ the Keg even though the weather is crappy right now, I grill and smoke all year.  I also look forward to the growth and sharing of this community!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: