Broil King Keg Forum
September 18, 2018, 12:07:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Degaque!  (Read 2284 times)
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« on: November 02, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »

Hey everyone,

The first mate and I decided to go to Degaque and root for Deuce Pigalow this weekend!!!  It was the first BBQ competition wed ever been to.  Ive wanted to go to one for some time and have this nagging desire to participate in some (hopefully next year). 

Deuce has quite a mobile setup and draws a lot of positive interest and attention to the BKCG with his row of five cookers.  He or his team mate stopped repeatedly to answer questions from curious passers by.  I even answered one or two myself when they were looking a bit busy Smiley 

Deuce and his team mate were just great!  They took time, even while under pressure during turn-in times to show and explain the process and requirements to us.  I was amazed by the difficulty, detail and effort these cooking teams must go to just to have a reasonable shot of placing at all  This is a whole new level of cooking that I had never seen before!  I like to think I know a thing or two about BBQ, but this was more than a bit intimidating.  I will be attending more competitions (hopefully supporting Deuce when possible) to learn more.  Well see if I can get my act together by next year?  Its not nearly as easy as I had imagined

A Big thanks to Deuce and his team!

Boat

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Deuce Pigalow
Team Keg

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »

Boat,
Just wanted to say thanks for coming out and cheering for us. It was a pleasure to meet you and the first mate in person. I hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing you out there again either cooking with me or getting in there on your own. Thanks for posting the pics and helping us out.

Deuce
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: