Broil King Keg Forum
July 18, 2018, 04:51:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BBQ sauce  (Read 5056 times)
GrillSarge
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Doggie water taxi service http://www.zeemaps.com/k

« on: July 23, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »

Heres the recipe for the home made sauce that has become my standby/ most used  its great on beef and chicken, and good on pork  If I'm planning ahead on using it on pork I use variant 2- I keep both on hand.  It should be noted I like version 1 on cheicken but the wife likes version 2  version 2 is a touch sweeter in taste and not as dark.

1 14 oz bottle of Heinze no sugar added Ketchup
3 cups of beef broth
1 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp yellow mustard
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1tsp liquid smoke
1/2 cup Worcestershire
1/4 cup dark chili powder
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp each of red pepper flakes and black pepper
2 tsp of splenda brown sugar blend

version 2 for pork
3 cups chicken broth
1 14 oz bottle of Heinze no sugar added ketchup
1 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp each lemon juice and yellow mustard
1/2 cup Worcestershire
1/4 cup LIGHT chili powder
2 Tbsp sweet or smoked paprika
1 tsp each black pepper and red pepper flakes
2 tsp splenda brown sugar blend
1/3 cup bacon drippings

directions both versions
mix all ingredients and bring to a boil stirring frequently so it doesn't scorch.  once its at a full boil reduce to a simmer and mix with a stick blender or whisk vigorously  to completely mix ingredients.  blending prefered.  Then simmer until reduced in volume to one quart.
store in fridge, will keep a long time and is best after aging a week or so.  If you're not concerned with sugar you can sub regular ketchup and double the brown sugar.  (splenda blend is sweeter than strait brown sugar.)

The Black Cauldrons of Celtic myth.  Known as Undri, The Irish God the Dagda's cauldron from which no one leaves hungry or unsatisfied and Amen the Welsh Goddess Ceridwen's vessel from which flows wisdom and inspiration.  Also the cauldron of Annwn  that won't cook the food of a coward.
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »

Thanks for sharin' that!  I am also Diabetic (T2) but nowhere near as sensitive to things like sauces and such as you are.  Potatoes OTOH, are like kryptonite for me, along with bananas.  I always mod my recipes to be at least "lower" carb.  If I couldnt have beer though, I would be a VERY unhappy boy. Grin

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
EconomicDisconnect
Superhero Member

North of Boston, MA

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »

Guys,
Thanks for sharing the recipes; many with diabetes just quit BBQ but it can be done with a little planning!

For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times. Before the Empire
Boat-n-BBQ
2x BKCG Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Go fast ~ Cook slow... Marietta, GA

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 10:35:27 AM »

I have a few friends that will find this helpful.  I'm sure many more will too!!!

Thanks for sharing,
Boat

BKCG's SN#389 (salt) at the lake  SN#1686 (pepper) On permanent loan to SIL
BSK's SN#5045, SN#6278, SN#6403, SN#6990 (The competition fleet) Powered by BBQ Guru DigiQ's!
KCBS/CBJ   http://www.facebook.com/boatnbbq
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: