Broil King Keg Forum
February 22, 2020, 06:05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End of Life - Simple Machines Support  (Read 70 times)
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: February 13, 2020, 02:03:01 PM »

Hi Guys,

I've been working with our IT team on a few things, and when the board went down last week it reinforced one of the big issues with the board going forward.  It won't accommodate new versions of SMF and crashes any time they force upgrade the board.

The current framework officially dropped all support in mid-December and remains a security risk.

So the outcome is that the board will be taken down in the coming months due to the issues above.  Our marketing team has moved all focus to facebook and social platforms.  When I have any specifics on that, I will post it with as much warning as possible.

There is a tremendous amount of valuable content here, but it's tougher and tougher to keep it running.

[FWIW, I haven't been involved on the marketing side in several years, but I do owe you all a debt of gratitude for your support and efforts over the years.  Especially, but not only Nate for putting together two Kegtoberfests - so, so glad I got to be a part of those.]

Thanks all,

Rich

bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 06:11:47 PM »

Sad news Rich  Sad 
I agree, there is a tremendous amount of invaluable info on this forum that I refer to often and I'm sure many others do also.  Wish there was a way to preserve or download it all for future reference.
It's been said many times before....all good things must come to an end.   Sad

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 06:49:50 AM »

Our IT dept mentioned that we can maintain it offline, but I need to get more info on it.  Will let you know what I find out.

Thx

Rich

Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:03:56 AM »

That WILL be a sad day indeed! That said .... if there are any recipes anyone might be interested in in the Keg Recipe Vault, I would suggest you copy and save or print out for your own records.

Also for anyone that may be interested in staying in touch with members from the forum I might suggest you join either the "Broil King Kegtoberfest 2015" or the "Broil King Keg Grillers" groups on Facebook. You never know..... maybe we can have a little get together sometime in the future.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 08:15:37 AM »

Our IT dept mentioned that we can maintain it offline, but I need to get more info on it.  Will let you know what I find out.

That would be great!  It would be a great help to new owners and be available to all for reference.  I look back often and search for cooks that I recall for information and recipes.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 12:14:09 PM »

It's sad news indeed. I come here sometimes for recipes that I and others have posted, I guess I better follow Nate's advice and print them up!

I would also like to thank Nate for his efforts as well as Rich for me (and others) making him suffer through the meltdown years ago. I guess ultimately that was the beginning of the end and now with the technical side of it sealing its doom, all I can say is "Thanks for the memories"!

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 12:20:08 PM »

I also want to mention, that some of the folks here are active on https://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php

I invited a few over there years ago, there's always room for more! If you're one of the people that I offended with my "management" style here, no need to worry as I am just a normal user with zero influence on how that forum operates and I think you'll like it there.

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: