Broil King Keg Forum
May 21, 2019, 05:52:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone replaced a rusted wheel on their BSK?  (Read 482 times)
beernutz

« on: February 04, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »

It looks like the forum is pretty much dead but I will ask anyway.  The part of the base that supports one of my 2011 BSK's wheels has rusted to the point that the wheel broke off.  I haven't tried a repair or replacement but instead just put the wheel sideways under that part of the base.  This looks like the manual for my keg: http://199.175.62.46/onward/Manuals/ManualFiles/KEG/11412284/11412284-E.pdf

Anyone out there in BSK land have to replace the base below their BSK due to rusting?   
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 05:36:37 PM »

I would contact Broil King for warranty replacement.  Their customer support has been stellar.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »

They sent me a new base last month for my 2010 Bubba

Dan
beernutz

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 11:10:21 AM »

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Billsfan can I ask if your new base was received under warranty or did you buy it?

Since BSK is not on the list of OMC brands which can have warranty work requests submitted though their website, I followed their instructions and emailed a request for  replacement of the affected parts to info@omcbbq.com.  I'll update when I get a response.

FWIW, a picture of the problem.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:47:49 PM by beernutz » Logged
bamabob
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:05 PM »

Looks like a warranty claim.  Broil King is honoring BSK 10 year warranty due to their purchase of the keg patents.
Interested in the response you get.

beernutz

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 03:51:47 PM »

Following the instructions on the omcbbq.com website I emailed info@omcbbq.com and asked about a warranty claim for the BSK base.  I received a reply that the base was covered under the 10 year warranty but the wheels were not so I'd have to buy them and also pay a $15 shipping charge.  I was given a reference number and told to call their CS line.

When I called the next day I spoke to a relatively competent CS rep.  She said after much back and forth that neither the base or the wheels were still under warranty.  I argued that I was told via email that the base was covered.  She put me on hold and apparently talked to her manager then came back and said yes, the base was covered.  Yea!

However she said the bottom part of the BSK itself was also covered so they were going to send me a new one of those, even though I had not even mentioned this.  I'm fine, whatever.  So I paid $11 each for two new wheels plus $15 shipping ($37 total) and I'm getting the wheels, a new base to attach them to, and an entirely new bottom part of the BSK itself.  At least that is what she told me--I'll be a buyer when I actually lay eyes on all of that.
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

No way...no how...

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 09:25:00 PM »

I had a warranty claim in the bottom of mine....took almost 9 months for them to ship it.

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Billsfan can I ask if your new base was received under warranty or did you buy it?

Since BSK is not on the list of OMC brands which can have warranty work requests submitted though their website, I followed their instructions and emailed a request for  replacement of the affected parts to info@omcbbq.com.  I'll update when I get a response.

FWIW, a picture of the problem.

Yes they replaced it under warranty with the shipping charge. I got a new bottom last year that was rusted out.

Dan
Mr. G.

Halifax, NS

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 12:22:30 PM »

I had to buy a new stand for mine, as it wasn't covered under warranty.  Was just going to use my old wheels, as they were still fine, so I didn't order the new wheels, but they came with the stand anyway.

You can see my experience in this thread:  http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=18463.0
bamabob
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 03:42:19 PM »

Why wasn't your stand covered under warranty?  More than 10 years old?
Seems like others had their stand replaced under a warranty claim.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: