Broil King Keg Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:20:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oster french door counter top oven  (Read 324 times)
uncle
Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Let it rain or snow

« on: November 15, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »

Was at Costco yesterday and they had this Oster French door oven for 99.00 and I pick one up and cooked some skinless and boneless breaded chicken thighs and I was very happy with the results took 40 min. with the convection setting. I know it's not on the keg but it was snowing and I thought I would give the oven a try. picture don't give it justice.

bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 04:48:27 PM »

You're going to use the heck out of that thing Uncle.  we picked up a convection toaster oven about a year ago.  Just the two of us so we hardly use the big square box in the kitchen anymore.  I know one of your favorite things is wings, try smoking them on the keg and putting them in the toaster oven at the highest temp on convection.  Gives a good crisp to the skin along with the low & slow render and smoke on the keg that can't be beat.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
uncle
Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Let it rain or snow

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 04:40:55 AM »

I'll give that a try, I was impressed with the oven with the French doors you only have to open one door for both to open, for 99.00 I couldn't go  wrong.
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:42:27 AM »

I've seen them at Costco a while back. They're nice looking but, I was at Costco two weeks ago taking care of something at customer service when a couple came in with one to return. They were saying it got extremely hot on the outside of it so much so they were afraid of the heat it produced(I guess it's not built like a Keg)on the outside and they were concerned about little ones touching it.
I considered one for use instead of using the oven for small stuff but if it gets that hot I'd do better using our oven.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
uncle
Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Let it rain or snow

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 08:07:16 AM »

It gets hot to touch but I don't have any young ones, it even has stamped on (caution hot surface), but I think it cooks faster then lg. oven. another thing I like about it is it has I light that stays on while its cooking so you can see how its cooking.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 08:43:23 AM by uncle » Logged
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 02:46:26 PM »

The one I have is a Cuisinart Air Fryer/Toaster Oven.  It doesn't get so hot on the outside that it will burn you.
You also won't find one for $99, I think I paid $149 for it  on Amazon warehouse deals and that was a good price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K0W8LTE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to some wings I did

http://www.letstalkbbq.com/index.php?topic=21990.msg281205#msg281205

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: