Broil King Keg Forum
October 17, 2018, 05:27:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer garden  (Read 298 times)
thedietz

« on: July 19, 2018, 03:30:09 AM »

Some pics of my garden.  I have 5 different tomato plants.  Green and Yellow squash.  Cucumbers.  Carrots, Asparagus, Bulgarian Carrot Hot peppers, Hungarian Hot wax peppers, cayanne peppers, garden salsa peppers, scotch bonnet peppers, jalapenos, bell peppers, basil , rosemary, onions...and maybe more i didn't mention.  Lets see what you guys have going on. 

ModernMan

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 05:46:55 PM »

Wow. Nice pics.
Lots of hot peppers!
I dove into starting pepper seedlings this year after reading lots beforehand about their care and now have over 20 3-5 gallon containers with thriving plants including all the varieties you have and more. It easily can get out of control lol.

We've been having a sunny hot summer in Montreal since mid-June this year and theyre all very happy so far. Now to decide what to do eventually with all those pods/fruits! Ferment? Freeze? Pickle? Hot sauces? Dry them?...I've never grown hot peppers before.
What will you do dietz?
thedietz

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »

I enjoy having them when the tomatoes come in. I love fresh salsa.  Aside from that i toss them in my eggs for breakfast...i made hot sauce last year..i dehydrated some last summer and made a dust to add heat to stuff.

The scotch bonnets are strictly for Jerk Chicken.  I make a lot of buffalo turds with the jalapenos.  All kinds of possibilities.
ModernMan

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:47:24 PM »

Excellent!
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:46:44 AM »

I've never grown cantaloupes before but I planted one little pot of which has produced a nice little crop.

This is a 4 x 8 raised bed area mulched with that one plant.

The three that I picked this morning. I also got one yesterday. I haven't cut into them yet but they basically came right off the vine when I barely picked them up.

And it's sprouting more flowers so it will probably produce more as a Fall crop.

Blurry picture but one of the three from this morning.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: