Broil King Keg Forum
October 22, 2018, 03:52:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Night's Chicken Fricassee and Monday's Chicken Parmesan  (Read 210 times)
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« on: June 14, 2018, 06:01:04 AM »

Yesterday I cooked a nice pot of chicken fricassee. This was well overdue and everyone here loves this.

I like to start seasoning and lightly browning the chicken which I more often than not like using boneless/skinless thighs. The onions you see on the chicken in the picture are from the pot getting a bit too hot so I tossed in some of the onions to cool it down quickly.

Then after the chicken is cooked a bit I remove it and throw in the onions to deglaze the bottom of the pot and cook them down til clear. Sorry, no pictures of the onions.

Usually I make my own roux but the other day I picked up a jar of Roux Garoux as it looked exactly how I like my roux for fricassee. This is some really good pre-made roux!

So once the onions get to how I like them I add some the water and chicken base (or stock if I have some)and slowly add the roux while stirring to mix and blend it well.

Then in goes the chicken to simmer until it done. There's no set time really, I simmer it until the chicken begins to fall apart.

While the chicken was stewing I made a little salad from a nice cucumber and tomato from my garden with a couple of fresh from the garden too chopped basil leaves and a white balsamic dressing, salt and pepper.

A while later the friccasse was done and it was time to eat.

Served with petite green peas and some of that refreshing delicious salad. This was an awesome meal that always reminds me of my mom and for my kids it always reminds them of their grandmother.
Man! This was a delicious pot of fricassee and since I had almost two gallons of it with the ten pounds of chicken thighs I used I'll drop off some for my oldest daughter and her family and some for our Pastor to enjoy.

This one was from this past Monday. Chicken Parmesan with angel hair pasta.

The pan of the chicken Parmesan coming out of the oven.

This was my plate and it looks like a lot but something about angel hair pasta of which this was lightly seasoned with butter that was melted (about one and a half sticks) and about five toes of garlic added and braised over a low simmer until the garlic basically melted. The butter ended up clarified and was used on garlic bread and in the broccoli with Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Back to the angel hair pasta...... Done right it just seems to melt in your mouth.

The chicken Parmesan itself

The broccoli

Garlic bread made with St. Joseph bread. Mmmmmmm...............!

And of course the angel hair pasta!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 04:53:38 AM »

Im not going to lie i drooled a little!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »

Im not going to lie i drooled a little!

LOL you're not the only one.  I've watched Nate cook and I've tasted the incredible results.  He made it all look so easy.  I sure would like to sink my teeth into what I see in those photos!!

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: