Broil King Keg Forum
July 15, 2018, 03:51:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pitmaster 110  (Read 207 times)
Sonny
2X Keg Hero Of The Month - Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Maple, ON

« on: June 02, 2018, 07:52:40 PM »

Hi all,

This is just my 2nd test run with the pitmaster 110.

With both vents shut the pitmaster got the keg to 205 on the lowest setting.  Then i turned the dial up to 225 and the keg was soon at 250.  Dailed it back to 215 and the fire went out. Sad

Will try again and only turn the dial up to 215 next time.

Think Big, Start Small, Fail Fast, Learn Always
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 03:56:08 PM »

Ok,i've owned the iq 120 for years now, your set up is fine lite only the middle of the pile of lump about the size of a baseball, open the top vent enough to fit the steel braided cable from the probe. Dial in the temp just below your target, once it gets there dial in your preferred temperature. once your there as long as your not opening your Keg to often it should lock it in solidly.

Hope this helps

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
Sonny
Superhero Member

Maple, ON

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »

The size of a baseball is bigger than what I started with.  That could be why the fire went out.  Good to know. 

Sonny
Superhero Member

Maple, ON

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 07:16:54 PM »

Ok,i've owned the iq 120 for years now, your set up is fine lite only the middle of the pile of lump about the size of a baseball, open the top vent enough to fit the steel braided cable from the probe. Dial in the temp just below your target, once it gets there dial in your preferred temperature. once your there as long as your not opening your Keg to often it should lock it in solidly.

Hope this helps

I did as recommended and the keg stayed lit and under 250 for the duration of the cook.  I had the temperature probe in the gap between the diffuser and the wall of the keg.  It took an overnight cook to bring two racks (7lbs) of beef ribs up to 200.  Pulled with a little oil were dry but tasty.  I will try again and set the temperature a little higher.

Walrus

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 03:48:28 AM »

Put the probe in the middle of the cooking grate. Down where you put it will be hotter, running the food area at a lower temperature.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: