Broil King Keg Forum
December 16, 2018, 06:05:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farewell to a 34 year old Wait Broilmaster  (Read 325 times)
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« on: May 28, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »

This gas grill still works fine, but Mom wanted something shiny and new so I helped her into a Weber Genesis E310, natural gas. The new grill rocks ... 500°F in five minutes.

My mom has owned this grill 34 years, almost half of her life and had an identical one for about 5 years prior that was stolen ... so one could say she has had the same grill near 40 years.

My first gas grill experience was with this grill. Many fond memories, and some not so fond like the time I closed the lid to light it and torched my face, hair and eyebrows in the resulting explosion  Cheesy   or the time I brought my girlfriend now wife of 30 years over and made charcoal pucks out of hamburgers in the pitch dark of winter.

I think I will post it online locally, but if no one takes it off to the dump it will go.

Thanks for all the memories and years of service Wait Broilmaster. You epitomize the saying 'they dont make em like they used to'.

The burger pic is from the first run of the Weber.

RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »

Good Lord I need my eyes checked! I could've sworn that the title said "Walt Broilmaster". My first thought was "Damn, so young!" and the second thought was "That dude had a cool name!"

If the burger pic is what is to be expected from that grill, I say "Fare thee well, Walt! Your services are no longer needed!" Tongue
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:50:19 AM by RG » Logged

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »

My dad bought one of these under the Warm Morning brand in the early 70s. It lasted almost 40 years with little maintenance until I helped my mom get rid of it.

Great grill

Dan
thedietz

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:05:34 AM »

Yeah that grill still looks functional!!  If you buy a BBQ at a local big box store you're lucky to get 5 years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: