Broil King Keg Forum
June 20, 2018, 11:31:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: top round / Pit beef  (Read 196 times)
thedietz

« on: April 24, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »

I was in the mood for a pit beef style sandwich.  Turned out great.  This is a knock off version of the "jotisserie" that i picked up on amazon for $60.  Works great!  They never have them in stock anymore.  I think they got in trouble for pretty much selling a knock off.

thedietz

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »

posted this in the wrong spot.  it's been a while!  it wont' let me delete so if someone has the permissions feel free.  going to post in whats cooking
RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

posted this in the wrong spot.  it's been a while!  it wont' let me delete so if someone has the permissions feel free.  going to post in whats cooking

It probably really doesn't matter at this point man, lol. That looks tremendous though, I bet it was gooooooood!

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:28:33 AM »

Looks great!
I'd slice some thin and let it bathe in a good barbecue sauce too. That would make a killer BBQ beef sandwich!!!
I'll haVe to do this on the gas grill rotisserie!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Dataspaz
Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Frisco, Texas

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 06:41:58 AM »

Looks like that came out good. I need a sandwich now.

Run......  Run......... Dive!!!!!!!!
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »

Man that looks great! i'd put a couple of them sammies away no problem!!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
thedietz

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 05:39:58 PM »

it was good.  I had sandwiches with just worcheshire on them.  Today my wife made a beef barley soup from a new cookbook i just bought.  She doesn't usually do any of the cooking.  I asked her why the soup was so sweet.  She said " the recipe called for 1 1/2 cup sugar".  I knew it didn't sound right so i looked.  Called for 1 1/2 tsp.  Either way the recipe has potential.  There are also a few other good recipes in this book that i think will go great on the keg. 

I think i'll try the bbq thing tomorrow with some leftovers. 

Also picked up a 15lb brisket from walmart today on clearance for $41 and 2 racks of ribs.  Going to do them on my offset with oak that i cut a year ago for my sons 5th bday party saturday. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: