Broil King Keg Forum
June 19, 2018, 09:35:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UUNI Pro  (Read 3232 times)
bkk bob
Superhero Member

S.W. Manitoba, Canada

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2017, 08:21:04 AM »

Rg i have read that launching your pies with a wooden peel works the best,turning and retrieving with a metal peel.The wood one is too thick for pick up of the thinner crust pizzas in my opinion.Totally agree with making them seconds before cooking....Bob
RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »

Rg i have read that launching your pies with a wooden peel works the best,turning and retrieving with a metal peel.The wood one is too thick for pick up of the thinner crust pizzas in my opinion.Totally agree with making them seconds before cooking....Bob

Yeah, I do use a wooden peel, way better than a metal one for launching!

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
SmallBBQr

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 09:18:51 AM »

Overall, it's a cool little over but I am sure Small's Pro will be MUCH better than what I have. You can buy used UUNIs cheap. My brother has an UUNI 2 (non s model, no stone) for sale for $100.00 and can't sell it! Maybe I'll take it off his hands but I really don't need it. I have a stone for it so maybe I will.

Yeah, I'm getting impatient.  They haven't started shipping the Canadian orders yet....I'm getting anxious.  I'll post some results when it arrives.

One of the owners over on the Kamado Guru site that received his Uuni Pro has reported that using charcoal for fuel he easily pushed out 6 pizzas in a row.  Using charcoal also get's rid of the pellet hopper babysitting.  The charcoal provides an consistent heat (like 700 degrees) and the you can just toss in a few chunks of wood to bring it up to 900ish temps for the true Neapolitan pizza cook.   When the gas burners arrive that should also provide a nice convenience option for lazy times.

I'm also really looking forward to roasting veggies and meats in there too.  How it handles Canadian winters will also be of interest...

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
RG

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 09:24:52 AM »

It'll be great to see it in action. If it proves to be reliable and consistent, I may order one myself. I have also heard great things about the Roccbox.

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
SmallBBQr

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2017, 10:31:25 AM »

It'll be great to see it in action. If it proves to be reliable and consistent, I may order one myself. I have also heard great things about the Roccbox.

Yeah, I almost purchased the Roccbox a while back as I think it is a great design (though cost is a bit higher), but my concern with both it and the earlier Uuni was the size.  I wanted something I could do larger proteins and/or multiple trays/pans with.  I'm looking for more of a multipurpose oven rather than a dedicated pizza oven. 

RG

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »

Yeah, I almost purchased the Roccbox a while back as I think it is a great design (though cost is a bit higher), but my concern with both it and the earlier Uuni was the size.  I wanted something I could do larger proteins and/or multiple trays/pans with.  I'm looking for more of a multipurpose oven rather than a dedicated pizza oven. 

I'm sure it'll be a great little oven. I'm excited for you!

Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 01:42:29 PM »

I've been unplugged for few days. The Imgur posts worked Tongue, thanks and holy prolific pizzas Batman!!
SmallBBQr

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »

Just received my shipping notification email today!!  Should have the unit soon...likely next week I would think the way Canadian shipping typically works - unless they send them air.

lbyer

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 11:18:30 AM »

I would add the fresh basil near /or at the end of the cook so it doesn't burn up in the heat. You could experiment and add the basil on one half at the beginning and the other half at the end and see which tastes better...

BKK 4000
BroilKing Baron 440   GASSER
GRILLGRATES
DIGIQ DX-2 WITH 10CFM FAN
RG

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 02:39:31 PM »

I would add the fresh basil near /or at the end of the cook so it doesn't burn up in the heat. You could experiment and add the basil on one half at the beginning and the other half at the end and see which tastes better...

Agreed, I've done it both ways. Depends on which way I'm hangin' that day I guess Tongue

SmallBBQr

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »

Tried to post some photo's but I don't know what's going on with the BKK forum site, as I could only get 1 of the 3 to show...this place really needs an upgrade.

Anyways...I posted it over on the Guru site:  https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/37289-uuni-pro-burn-in-and-first-pizza/

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: