Broil King Keg Forum
January 21, 2018, 01:23:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottom vent rivets  (Read 1608 times)
xfrosch

« on: October 15, 2017, 04:08:48 PM »

When one of the rivets holding on the bottom vent cover gave out, I replaced it with washered hex head sheet metal screws. Enough better than the rivets that it occurred to me that some folks might want to go ahead and proactively replace them.

This was a while ago so I've forgotten the size screw I used, but you can probably try a couple of different sizes until you find the one that works. Careful not to torque it so much that it strips the hole.

Again, BB doesn't like my jpegs, so no pix. Sorry.
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »

When one of the rivets holding on the bottom vent cover gave out, I replaced it with washered hex head sheet metal screws. Enough better than the rivets that it occurred to me that some folks might want to go ahead and proactively replace them.

This was a while ago so I've forgotten the size screw I used, but you can probably try a couple of different sizes until you find the one that works. Careful not to torque it so much that it strips the hole.

Again, BB doesn't like my jpegs, so no pix. Sorry.
Sounds like a good fix. Was that a machine thread screw?

BTW this board isn't really set up to host your pics. You need to put them on a suitable site, like PostImage, Imgur, Google Photos etc then link to them in your post with the IMG tag.

Code:
[img]{URL}[/img]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: