Broil King Keg Forum
November 22, 2017, 11:42:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vent cap fix  (Read 1269 times)
xfrosch

« on: October 15, 2017, 03:57:21 PM »

So the bolt holding my vent cap on rusted through and sheared off. I called up OMC and explained the problem, and they sent me what turned out to be what's called a Top Dumper Base on the parts list😂

I went out to put it on, and stripped the heads of the first two screws I tried to back out of the old one. Clearly I was going to have to drill out some screws if I was going to get this thing off. Surely drilling out one bolt that had already failed would be better than six that hadn't, so I drilled a 5/8" hole where the bolt had been, and reattached the cap with an 8mm bolt that I found at Lowe's. Practically identical to the original.

I was able to get two nuts far enough onto the bolt that they would lock. So now I know where to get that bolt if I'm lucky enough to have it rust thru again.

But I have a brand new, untouched Top Dumper Base. Think OMC will take it back?

(Tried to upload pics but BB doesn't like my Apple jpegs.)
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:29:20 AM »

... But I have a brand new, untouched Top Dumper Base. Think OMC will take it back? ...
If undamaged sure I think they would take it back, but if you have to pay return shipping perhaps it's not worth returning?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: