Broil King Keg Forum
October 23, 2017, 01:31:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broil King Keg Cover  (Read 898 times)
thedietz

« on: October 11, 2017, 03:12:58 AM »

I bought the official cover off amazon on Feb. 15 2017.  It already leaks.  I uncovered my keg after a rain storm the other day and it was soaked and the grate was rusted.

Are these covers warrantied at all?  If not does anyone have a good alternative cover to buy.  I don't want to have to keep re-seasoning the grate after each rain storm.
Dataspaz
Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Frisco, Texas

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:28:54 AM »

This is the one I went with after the stock one died. It has held up way better then the OEM one. Fits Keg with shelves. Will be too big without them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00021FLQA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought this. It fits perfectly, upside down, over the top vent. Then I put the cover on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006G958/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Run......  Run......... Dive!!!!!!!!
SmallBBQr

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:40:13 AM »

I am not sure if there are "different" ones, but I have what I thought was the official "heavy duty" cover - (it has the "Broil King Keg" logo on it and is made of very heavy material).  It has been outside, completely exposed to the Canadian summer and winter (from +30c to -30c) for 3-4 years and never leaked a drop.  Still looks new (when I hose it down).

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »

I am not sure if there are "different" ones, but I have what I thought was the official "heavy duty" cover - (it has the "Broil King Keg" logo on it and is made of very heavy material).  It has been outside, completely exposed to the Canadian summer and winter (from +30c to -30c) for 3-4 years and never leaked a drop.  Still looks new (when I hose it down).

Same here. I can't quite remember the details but there was a sh!t keg cover. Might have been back to Bubba days or early OMC days but the current premium cover has been great for me. I only mention this because mine has been so awesome I can barely imagine otherwise. Justin, given that you bought it THIS YEAR I suggest contacting OMC for a warranty replacement.

Oh wait, the crap cover still exists.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=broil+king+keg+cover

From that link I have the KA 5535.
thedietz

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 11:00:14 AM »

Same here. I can't quite remember the details but there was a sh!t keg cover. Might have been back to Bubba days or early OMC days but the current premium cover has been great for me. I only mention this because mine has been so awesome I can barely imagine otherwise. Justin, given that you bought it THIS YEAR I suggest contacting OMC for a warranty replacement.

Oh wait, the crap cover still exists.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=broil+king+keg+cover

From that link I have the KA 5535.

The KA 5535 is the one i have as well.  I looked it over and I can find any rips or cracks....but my keg was soaked when i removed it after a storm the other day.  It is raining here again today.  I'll check it out after the rain stops.
SmallBBQr

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »

Perhaps it's condensation?

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 01:55:06 PM »

I've got one on each keg and the only keg that seems to get wet is my big steel keg. I know that I interchange the covers. It's just weird. It doesn't get wet all the time just sometimes.

I think the water seeps thru the seams

Dan
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »

I've got one on each keg and the only keg that seems to get wet is my big steel keg. I know that I interchange the covers. It's just weird. It doesn't get wet all the time just sometimes.

I think the water seeps thru the seams
So weird ... mine is 100% bullet proof
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »

I bought the official cover off amazon on Feb. 15 2017.  It already leaks.  I uncovered my keg after a rain storm the other day and it was soaked and the grate was rusted.

Are these covers warrantied at all?  If not does anyone have a good alternative cover to buy.  I don't want to have to keep re-seasoning the grate after each rain storm.

Did you purchase the "Broil King KA 5535 Premium Grill Cover"? I bought one of them in Jan 2015 and it does not leak at all. I live in south Florida and we get a LOT of rain. Our year-to-date rainfall is 57.54". Never had a problem with the cover! I'd file a warranty claim on it.

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: