Broil King Keg Forum
April 23, 2018, 02:14:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wood For Smoking  (Read 2926 times)
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« on: September 17, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »

Does anyone know if wood from the Florida "Black Olive" Tree (Bucida buceras) is suitable for smoking wood in the Keg? There are tons of broken Black Olive branches in my neighborhood as a result of hurricane Irma. I was wondering if it could be used for smoking wood.

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:15:58 AM »

Does anyone know if wood from the Florida "Black Olive" Tree (Bucida buceras) is suitable for smoking wood in the Keg? There are tons of broken Black Olive branches in my neighborhood as a result of hurricane Irma. I was wondering if it could be used for smoking wood.
I stick to the idea any nut or fruit bearing hardwood is safe for smoke wood. I have used packaged olive smoke wood before and liked it. It was a little stronger than fruit wood but not as strong as hickory, with slightly peppery notes.

If this one is 'good' or not is a matter of preference. Try it. If you like it load up while you can  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: