Broil King Keg Forum
January 19, 2018, 12:16:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from London, UK  (Read 2430 times)
Jaunty

« on: September 05, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »

Just a quick hello from a happy Keg 5000 user. I will do a post with some pics of some cooks later.

PS- If anyone was wondering about the lack of new members, it may be down to the process of joining. I had to re-register 3 times. I got the "Welcome to the Forum you are awaiting approval"  email each time, but getting the actual approval sorted was a mission,  I had to email OMC numerous times, then re-register for a final time and point out my forum name and email address so they could find it and approve it.
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 05:31:21 PM »

Welcome to the forum Jaunty.

Nice to hear the OMC is right on top of things in supporting new members that promote their product.   Huh Huh Angry Angry
They took over administrative duties from active members and have pretty much let the forum wilt.

Glad you finally were able to join us, looking forward to seeing some of your cooks

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
ModernMan

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:37:56 AM »

Welcome to the keg forum Jaunty.

BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:58:55 AM »

Glad you made it Jaunty!  Thanks for emailing me to figure that one out.  I definitely whiffed on one of the registrations, and once I delete a registration, I can't undo it.  (That would have been the easy part... but alas)

We're working up upgrades here, the photobucket takedown has really hamepered things.  Need to migrate the board to a different server and then start working on upgrades.

Hang in there.

Rich

Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 05:36:25 AM »

We're working up upgrades here, the photobucket takedown has really hamepered things.  Need to migrate the board to a different server and then start working on upgrades.

Hang in there.

Rich

But Rich, that's supposedly been happening for years now! When will this finally happen? Meanwhile fewer and fewer members remain active.

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »

Welcome Jaunty! Glad to have you aboard!

Sorry you had a bad experience trying trying to join but glad you made it!

[Caj, bama, the other crap, while true is simply not helpful in a new user welcome reply.]

It's true we don't have many new members of late Jaunty but the keg is a spectacular kamado and if you learn how to use it you won't be disappointed with your purchase. Congrats!
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »

[Caj, bama, the other crap, while true is simply not helpful in a new user welcome reply.]

Just agreeing with what the new member said Shawn.  If it's that much trouble to join a forum I appreciate Jaunty and applaud the courage for pointing out the problem in his first post.
Grateful that he took the time to keep trying instead of giving up as well as bringing the issue to light in his roll call post.

Welcome to the forum again Jaunty, looking forward to seeing your cooks.  As Rich pointed out many are having trouble posting pics thanks to Photobucket holding everyone for ransom.  If you need help posting pics check out this thread:

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=18138.0

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:58:20 PM by bamabob » Logged

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
ModernMan

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 04:13:39 AM »

Photobucket holding everyone for ransom.  If you need help posting pics check out this thread:

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=18138.0

How about making this a sticky in "Forum technical support" ?
Or at least add it to the "How to direct link pictures" under Forum tech support ?
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »

Welcome aboard!

Dan
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 02:05:43 PM »

Welcome! lots of great info here glad you joined us!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: