Broil King Keg Forum
April 22, 2018, 12:03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Dog Throwdown, What's YOUR favorite?  (Read 2219 times)
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« on: July 29, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »

I’ve had both the Hebrew National Franks and the Sahlen’s hot dogs and liked both.  Thought I would do a side by side comparison to see which one I liked best.

Here’s the lineup:

Opened the packages and took a whiff of each.  The Sahlen’s reminded me of the classic hot dog smell filling the air at  fairs & carnivals.  The Hebrew National’s had a more intense seasoned smell. 

Appearance I give to the Sahlen’s. I liked the tied ends.

We like ours brown all over, the Weber grates are perfect for cradling and browning the dogs.

Taste:  Wow, this was tougher than I thought.  With the Hebrew Nationals being all beef franks and the Sahlen’s being a classic hot dog there was a big difference.  The Hebrew’s had a much more intense seasoned flavor, the Sahlen’s had that classic hot dog flavor, almost bland compared to the Franks.  It was a tough decision but I gave the nod to the Hebrew National Franks.  Flavor held up better on a bun, wife agreed.  We both prefer intense flavors so the franks get the win.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 02:57:33 PM »

Disappointed bob 😉

Dan
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »

Disappointed bob 😉
LOL  Thanks for introducing me to the Sahlen's, they are good hot dogs.  Something I really miss are the white brats from the Cincinnati area.  Queen city brats & metts put all of the above to shame.  can't find them outside of the Cincy radius.  Boars Head are good also.

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: