Broil King Keg Forum
January 18, 2018, 03:06:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BSK replacement gasket and Pitmaster IQ question  (Read 3915 times)
tezzer96

« on: July 19, 2017, 08:26:07 AM »

Newbie here!! And my first post.  Love this Keg.. bought it used a few weeks back and have used it every single day.  Amazing results after the learning curves.  Anyhow, I need to get a replacement gasket, called OMC and they want 34.00 plus shipping from Canada (didnt ask what that would be).. wonder if there is something tried and true that will work just as well or better that you all have tested.  Also, second part... Pitmaster IQ, picked one of those up and love it but would like to install it through the bulkhead so I dont have to take the adapter out each time I want to make pizza/grill/higher temp cooking.  The one they have I dont like as much as the one from BBQ Guru but that one looks like it might be too large for the IQ hose. Has anyone made one from the hardware store that works for the IQ, same style as the Guru one but less than 40 bucks??  Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »

Tezzer96, welcome to the forum.

I recall seeing some posts on here where others have drilled a hole through the side of the keg and installed a ball valve with bulkhead fitting for the ATC.  Do a search something should come up.  Unfortunately, many of the photos are gone since Photobucket broke everyone's links.
Here's one example with photos still working.

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=17268.0

Same for the gasket.  Here's a link that may help.

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=18028.0

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
tezzer96

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »

Thank you for the welcome.  Glad to be smokin'/grillin'... anywho, any experience with the felt gasket?  The price to get the BSK gasket seems steep to get to Colorado and can't seem to find replacement ones anywhere even other ones that might fit.. I do like to do pizza on the grill so do not want to burn up and felt material.  Thoughts or experience? 
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »

teaser,

if you did decide to get the grate they'll give you and buy a gasket there's only one shipping charge. when I order the gaskets I order at least a couple as I have two kegs. I do hate that they went from 17.95 to 26 bucks

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: