Broil King Keg Forum
August 21, 2018, 11:22:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spice Rack / Picture  (Read 6124 times)
SmallBBQr

« on: April 18, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »

One of my annoyances in life is digging through the pantry trying to find the one spice bottle you need to cook something - partially because I am the only one in our house that puts things back where I got them.

So....made myself a spice rack so I can avoid going into the pantry, as well as adding some decoration at the same time.  Picked up the glass top bins from a local supplier, and found magnetic tape on Amazon.  Just grabbed an old picture frame, covered the mat with the magnetic tape, and done.  Bonus:  made the wife happy some new kitchen decoration.  Hanging on the wall in the kitchen right beside the fridge.

Some little things in life are pretty satisfying....

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »

I like it! thats a great idea!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:42:33 PM »

Great idea!

Dan
ModernMan

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:05 PM »

Nice!
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »

Awesome! Im always fumbling around for some spice or another. I need multiple shelves for all my stuff. In reality I've had some of it for years and some of that should just be pitched.

An OCD moment: You were inconsistent with arranging and labeling though. You have both Chili and Chili (hot), Cloves and Cloves Whole next to each other (shouldn't that be Cloves and Cloves (ground)?). Then you have Paprika and Smoked Paprika (Paprika and Paprika (smoked)?) AND they aren't even next to each other. Chaos!    Cheesy
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 06:16:14 AM »

This is extremely satisfying.

Shawn does raise questions that piqued the interest of the OCD segment of my brain though.

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 08:04:35 AM »

...Shawn does raise questions that piqued the interest of the OCD segment of my brain though.

Right?! I didn't even mention the inconsistent use of upper and lower case printing or the debacle of inconsistent angles used to print the text.
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »

It's like a funhouse mirror of my brain.

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 09:01:27 AM »

It's like a funhouse mirror of my brain.
I only hope he didn't use a permanent marker.
SmallBBQr

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:01:50 PM »

Haha...OK all...I am going to provide all your emails to my wife (the house container labeler!) so you can find out what happens when you criticize her work.  I have learned to NOT do that any more!!

Yes, I pointed out the upper/lower case to her (she did them in a couple sittings).  Yes, I pointed out the naming faux-pas.  I was told to shut up or do it myself (and my writing sucks).

Let's just call them "rustic" or something.

(And yes, they're permanent Sharpie silver).  I do have many more containers though...

ModernMan

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 03:19:15 PM »

Re. "...you can find out what happens when you criticize her work.  I have learned to NOT do that any more!!..."

Fast learner?
Older,  wiser?
Happy wife ... happy life?
Threw in the towel long time ago?
 Wink

Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »

Haha...OK all...I am going to provide all your emails to my wife (the house container labeler!) so you can find out what happens when you criticize her work.  I have learned to NOT do that any more!!

Yes, I pointed out the upper/lower case to her (she did them in a couple sittings).  Yes, I pointed out the naming faux-pas.  I was told to shut up or do it myself (and my writing sucks).

Let's just call them "rustic" or something.

(And yes, they're permanent Sharpie silver).  I do have many more containers though...

This is Shawn's wife...I think your spice rack is brilliant! I would have to right on them too cuz he wouldn't be able to read them if he did it! Lol ( And permanent markers vex him) If u need tips on how to remove it...ask him Smiley
Shawn W
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 04:35:26 PM »

... I would have to right on them too cuz he wouldn't be able to read them if he did it!...
I may not write neatly but I do know how to spell. Fingerprint password on phone engaged!  Cheesy

Your wife doesn't have to kill me, my wife is now after me to FINALLY do something awesome like your spice rack with my roughly 25 cubic feet of spices.  Cheesy
lunchman
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Central Mass.

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 05:30:47 PM »

I looked back at this thread

http://forum.bigsteelkeg.com/index.php?topic=6196.0

And thought "Wow that was a long time ago" and it was (2011). Fortunately my woodworking skills have gotten a lot better. I built a walk in clothes closet for Mrs. Lunchman, complete with custom cabinets. Adirondack chairs, outdoor patio tables, all sorts of other projects that keep me occupied on weekends. Next up is a side table to put next to the new grill. Not happy unless I'm at the grill or making sawdust.

That spice rack still has only one painted rack, never had time to unload the spices from the other six to paint them. Someday...

Bubba Keg, Goldens' Cast Iron Cooker, Bayou Classic Cypress Ceramic, Thermos gas
SmallBBQr

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »

Re. "...you can find out what happens when you criticize her work.  I have learned to NOT do that any more!!..."

Fast learner?
Older,  wiser?
Happy wife ... happy life?
Threw in the towel long time ago?
 Wink

NO
YES
YES
YES....though I still push things now and then....(and usually lose)!
 Cry

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: