Broil King Keg Forum
December 13, 2017, 07:52:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help posting pics. Please  (Read 14757 times)
Dirtch

« on: January 26, 2017, 10:01:19 AM »

OK so in the past I have never taken time to get familiar with posting pics on here.  Now I want to, but still not sure.  I read the post here about direct linking photos and made a photo bucket account, uploaded 3 pics to use, and followed the instruction of copy and pasting a link after hitting the insert pic button, but when I hit preview it only has the link.  Is that correct and you have to click the link as a viewer to see it.  I know most of you don't do it that way and would prefer viewers to not have to tap a link.  Suggestions of how to do this the easiest since I know you guys and gal all do it easily.  I am not a computer genius but not illiterate either.  I don't have a "resizer" on my computer now for photos but i can get one especially if you recommend a convent one.   I have all Apple stuff...Desktop, iPhone, iPads.  Thanks in advance.  I would like to be able to join in some especially as the weather improves and makes it easier. 
RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »

When you copy the link provided on photbucket, you will then go to the tab in your browser that has this forum opened up in it and create your new post as always. When you want to display a picture, press the third button from left to right above the emoticons (smileys) that looks like a picture. It will put text on the screen that looks like this (img)(/img) except that the parentheses will be brackets. You will click in the middle of those bracketed img commands and paste your link. So, it'll look like this (img)your picture link here(/img). Click on preview and you should see it.

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
Dirtch

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 11:13:24 AM »

RG,  Thanks for helping.  That is what I did and had the [img]asdfjkl;[img] and the picture didn't show in preview.  Only the text link.  I didn't post to find out if the pics came through there. 
RG

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:35:39 AM »

RG,  Thanks for helping.  That is what I did and had the [img]asdfjkl;[img] and the picture didn't show in preview.  Only the text link.  I didn't post to find out if the pics came through there. 

Post what you have here and I'll figure it out for you.

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
Dirtch

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 01:26:42 PM »

RG  I tried it again and found out that I was right clicking on the pic link to copy and paste instead of letting it copy it by just clicking.  Think I have it figured out now on the computer.  One pic post successful.  Now to figure out how to do it on my mobiles.  Thanks for helping.
RG

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »

RG  I tried it again and found out that I was right clicking on the pic link to copy and paste instead of letting it copy it by just clicking.  Think I have it figured out now on the computer.  One pic post successful.  Now to figure out how to do it on my mobiles.  Thanks for helping.

Glad you got it! Can't wait to see more pics!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: