Broil King Keg Forum
August 19, 2017, 05:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controller  (Read 7295 times)
Walrus

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »

Cool.

Yes, several others got tired of the attitude from him, and came up with their own designs which he then started bashing. The other thing I didn't trust about him.. the TVWBB forum states you are supposed to use your own name for the username. When I bought the damper and controller housing from him, his paypal name was different.
thedietz

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 06:23:54 AM »

one last question for your Walrus.  Did you buy sheet metal at homedepot or lowes and cut the hole to connect your damper?  If yes do you know what gauge sheet metal you bought that will fit our keg?
Walrus

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 04:28:01 AM »

Yeah it was actually a flat sheet of aluminum, 1/16". Easier to cut, and bend into a slight curve to fit into the curve of the keg.
thedietz

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 05:59:48 AM »

Yeah it was actually a flat sheet of aluminum, 1/16". Easier to cut, and bend into a slight curve to fit into the curve of the keg.

Thank you.  I appreciate the help!  Damper arrives today!
Walrus

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 05:02:02 PM »

Any progress? Let me know when you are up & running, I'll post my PID settings. I find the stock ones don't come close to working for the keg.
thedietz

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 06:53:49 AM »

Any progress? Let me know when you are up & running, I'll post my PID settings. I find the stock ones don't come close to working for the keg.

I got the microdamper but need to rewire it.  I have  short somewhere.  The connections for it are very small so i bought a "third hand" off amazon to help hold things in place and has a magnifying glass.

I was in Jamaica last week so hoping to find sometime this weekend to work on it.  I'll let you know.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: