Broil King Keg Forum
August 18, 2018, 09:15:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FireStarters  (Read 3348 times)
lunchman
BSK Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Central Mass.

« on: December 29, 2016, 08:05:39 AM »

I normally light my Keg with Rutland Fire starters, cutting two in half and lighting in 4 locations. They work well, but aren't always in stock. My local fireplace center usually carries them, a box of 24 costs around $4.95. But the store has recently become a Big Green Egg dealer, and the BGE version of these are $7.95. Ridiculous markup just because it's in a BGE box! Obviously, they've figured this out and the Rutland brand is more difficult to get. I am not paying that much for firestarters.

Where to look? Where else do I buy everything these days? Amazon Prime. A two pack of 144 (!!) In each box ran about $32. This should last me quite some time.  Smiley

If you use these, check out Amazon.

Bubba Keg, Goldens' Cast Iron Cooker, Bayou Classic Cypress Ceramic, Thermos gas
thedietz

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:37:27 AM »

I've never used firestarters.

I still have my old charcoal chimney.  I load my keg with lump...and put 2 kingsford briquettes in my charcoal chimney and pack the bottom with cardboard.  Light the cardboard and about 10 minutes later the 2 briquettes are lit.  I just transfer them with cooking tongs to my keg and works great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: