Broil King Keg Forum
December 14, 2018, 02:17:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Very Thankful  (Read 26344 times)
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« on: December 31, 2015, 11:22:36 AM »

I'd like to send out my heartfelt thanks to all of the Kegtoberfest attendees and organizers for the truly awesome donation to my Grandson's GoFundMe page.  For those of y'all who don't know, my grandson Aidan (Adam's son) was attacked Sunday afternoon by a dog at the home of a family member.  He suffered some horrible wounds to his head and scalp along with some cuts to his face and arm.  He is recovering now, gaining strength every day.  They were able to sew up some of his scalp, but he is missing a good size chunk.  Approx. a 10x7cm piece on the back of his head.  This is going to require several surgeries and skin grafts over the coming months/year.  Thankfully here in Memphis we have LeBoheur Children's Hospital, some of the finest care in the world.  My Daughter Amanda and her husband Adam (some of you may remember them from Kegtoberfest 2014) have insurance, but they are having to miss a lot of work to be at his side during this, and the co-pays and deductibles are really piling up, and they will continue to for quite a while.  Everyone has been so wonderful, with the prayers, kind words, visits and gifts.  I can never thank everyone nearly enough.  I do want to thank each of you, however for the love you have shown my family at this trying time.  It means the world to me, and I will forever be grateful for all of it.  Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your amazing support.  My Keg family, to me, is just that. Family. Again deepest thanks from me and my family to all of you.  Your support means the world to us!

Corey (Yanknrebel)

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »

For anyone who isn't aware of what we did......... The funds raised at Kegtoberfest 2015 for the new Keg 5000 raffle were donated to the gofundme account set up to help defray expenses for Aidan.  "Pray for Aidan and the Mcneils" If anyone would like to contribute here is the link.  https://www.gofundme.com/h8gjakbg

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Regular Guy
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »

Corey, you're our brother! We love ya man! Prayers continue to go out to your Grandson and the whole family Wink

Keep us posted please.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: