Broil King Keg Forum
October 20, 2018, 02:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebuilding the keg..anyone done it?  (Read 10087 times)
BPCBSK

Bear, Bull or Barbeque?

« on: October 04, 2016, 12:28:21 PM »

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone has completely ripped apart their keg and rebuilt?

The reason I ask is my keg is about 7 years old and is starting to rust. About 2 years ago I received a new lid under warranty (which is still sitting covered in the garage) and just recently started a claim for the bottom of the keg for rust around the vent, my new bottom is back ordered and should arrive closer to the end of October.

I'm thinking when I get the new keg up and running I want to tear down the old one, have it sand blasted and painted essentially making for a new keg for the cottage (or if I feel the need for a dedicated smoker).

Has anyone successfully taken their keg completely apart, including removing all rivets and insulation and been able to get things back together without any major issues?

If anyone has, I'd love to hear about it and see pics if available.

Thanks
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »

I've got some parts coming in to fix out a rusted Bubba Keg.
So I've got this project coming up too.
You are going to have to buy a firebowl, lump grate and grate.

I'm thinking of modifying it to feed pellets, maybe through a tube. Just letting ideas flow. It's already rusted so I won't loose much.

What killed the board? Narcissists
SunnySideUp

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

To anyone who has made a major warranty claim on an older keg is OMC requiring your original receipt?

I have an original Bubba Keg manufactured in 2009 that has major body rust. I have been emailing Rayanne at OMC about getting the body and lid replaced under warranty. I sent pictures and she was going to send me both a body, lid and a hardware pack. I was super excited to be able to get it fixed back up.
Everything was going great until she informed that I would need my original receipt. I searched and even found my original owners manual but after 7+ plus years and moves to three different states I'm afraid that receipt is long gone! I purchased it from Home Depot but unfortunately paid with cash so they told me there is no way to look up the receipt.

I asked if she could look up to see if I had registered my warranty back in the day and she could go from that but all I got was a response saying she would need the receipt.

Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: