Broil King Keg Forum
November 18, 2018, 05:26:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Ever Comp  (Read 28805 times)
d_turns

« on: May 23, 2016, 07:39:34 AM »

Hey everyone hope all is well! My buddies and I have always love back yard BBQ'ing. We have wanted to do a comp for some time now. One of our buddies has an untreatable cancer Sad so were looking to do our first ever comp as it's something we have always talked about. Wondering if anyone can help with some questions. Were looking at going to the Riverside, blues, brews and bbq in Maine. It's the closest to us here in NS.
Can you take meat over the border or when you go to the states do you have to buy it down there?
It's says the site is 20x20 feet. We were looking at renting a trailer but most are over 20 feet, what do most people use?
Thanks for your help, were jacked up for this but really going in blind lol.
Cheers
frolin

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:24:14 PM »

First, I know nothing,,, BUT  I say dont worry about much,, go have fun, and enjoy the time as a group.  So much to learn about competition,, the fun and memories will be the best.  Salute you guys and let us know how good it is!

BSK 2000
Orginially from Kansas City,, BBQ Capital of the world!!!
d_turns

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 02:32:24 AM »

Thanks Frolin, appreciate the advice! I'll let you know how it goes.
Cheers
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 11:39:48 AM »

I think the big problem on the border is fruits and vegetables, they carry pests.
Coming from NS, I don't think you have seen a fruit or vegetable in 7 months, excluding what comes out of a store and the canned goods grandmother makes.

Still check on the US customs site.

What killed the board? Narcissists
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: