Broil King Keg Forum
August 21, 2018, 08:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic or Keg 5000?  (Read 4447 times)
hutchys

« on: March 09, 2016, 12:30:47 PM »

Hello Newbie from the UK (introduced myself already) I am looking for an honest answer to my question please.
Here in the UK the Kamado Classic is cheaper than the Keg by about £60. I am not sure on the pricing in the US or Canada but would you still recommend the KEG over the Classic given the dearer price in the UK?
BBQRich
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »

Welcome!

Do you have a link to the Kamado Classic?  I'm not familiar...

hutchys

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »

Sorry it's the kamado joe classic
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 03:52:36 PM »

Both are great cookers.  That being said, the Keg gives you some things a ceramic can't.  Steel is much tougher than refractory material(ceramic), the Keg is vastly more portable and in my opinion anyway, much more versatile.  The Keg can handle higher temps much better, and it's insulation is superior, especially if you have children who will be around the hot grill.  The keg's exterior temps are much lower in use than ceramic.  Besides, we have this awesome forum with all this amazing knowledge!! Grin Grin Grin

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
sconner
Resident Keg Mad Scientist

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 07:56:41 AM »

I've had the keg since it was Bubba Keg. Six or seven years I'd guess?  It's a fantastic grill and well worth the 60.  I've also used a ceramic Kamado Joe and prefer my Keg.  I've also used the hitch adapter on some camping trips and love it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: