Broil King Keg Forum
August 17, 2018, 08:00:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie from VA  (Read 9103 times)
Archer82

« on: February 22, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »

Hey everyone, name is Joe and I just got my first Keg.  I picked up an original Bubba Keg in great shape 2 weeks ago and just had to get new grates for it.  Feel like a got a good deal, but you tell me, $20 (yes twenty) out the door with the grill, 1 bag of lump, 2 bags of wood chucks, the original cast iron grate pretty rusty (missing the stainless second rack).  It looks like I need to add some sealant to the vents and other than that it is in great shape still had the side tables with it too.  Fired it up this weekend and it held heat really well and didn't seem to have to much of an issue with air leakage.  Look forward to sharing more with the rest of you as the days go on.  I also have 2 smokers, but if I am able to get this thing working as a smoker I will probably be forced by the Mrs to get rid of one of them.  I ordered the diffuser/ water pan kit and am looking for a good pizza stone to use.  I figured I can get a cheaper stone and just set it on the old cast iron grate rather than by the more expensive ones.

- Archer82
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »

Welcome!!  You got a real steal there!  Now you got lots and lots of extra $$ for accessories!  Post up your cooks!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 06:50:11 AM »

Welcome aboard Archer!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: