Broil King Keg Forum
May 21, 2018, 03:19:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Temperature controllers?  (Read 4715 times)
Vegas

« on: February 19, 2016, 05:22:54 AM »

It seems there are quite a few out there.

Which one did you buy and why? Are you pleased with your purchase?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 02:13:55 PM »

I have a 2 IQ 110's, and three TTT's.  Truth be told the TTT's are what I reach for.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
Baines11

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:47:53 AM »

I have an Auber as well as a IQ130.  The IQ130 allows you to check progress on your android or apple device as well as change parameters (pit temp, food temp alarms) and has 2 food probes.  Makes it very easy, liked the pitmaster so much I installed a dedicated port in the keg.  Never tried the TTT. 

one does not simply grill on a keg
SmallBBQr

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 07:58:08 PM »

I've got an IQ120 I use whenever temperature is critical to maintain.  I've got a TTT as well, but have kinda stopped using it as I just seem to be doing many more high temp cooks these days.

Kick Ash Divide & Conquer Kegger
walleye
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »

I have the Auber. Had it for a few years  and like it just fine. Small learning curve but very easy. I have nothing to compare it to so I can't  chime in on the rest or which is better m, but I like the Auber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Creature
Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

Vancouver, BC

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 01:19:17 PM »

Heatermeter (http://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?85-HeaterMeter-DIY-BBQ-Controller) for me, but I'm a geek.  Being able to view/control from my phone is a huge bonus since I'm usually away from the house for a few hours on my low-and-slow cooks.

I've got a DigiQ DX2 as well.  I use that for shorter cooks (2-6 hour) if I'm at home and busy with other tasks.
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 06:55:41 PM »

Heatermeter (http://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?85-HeaterMeter-DIY-BBQ-Controller) for me, but I'm a geek.  Being able to view/control from my phone is a huge bonus since I'm usually away from the house for a few hours on my low-and-slow cooks.

I've got a DigiQ DX2 as well.  I use that for shorter cooks (2-6 hour) if I'm at home and busy with other tasks.

So did you make one?

For me all I needed was to view temps from the soccer field or Costco, not control.

What killed the board? Narcissists
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: