Broil King Keg Forum
August 23, 2017, 08:50:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vacuum Sealer (FoodSaver) Bag Recommendations  (Read 4621 times)
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« on: December 10, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »

Hi folks, I recently purchased a FoodSaver V4980 that was on sale at Costco.  I'll need to buy some more bags or rolls soon.  What's the BEST bag or roll I can buy.  I'm not talking about "cheapest".  I want a bag that will hold the vacuum for the longest length of time and is suitable for both meats, soups and baked goods.  If the "best" is also the "cheapest", that's great!  Smiley

Do you folks have any recommendations?

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Focuspuller
2X Keg Hero of the Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 06:26:44 AM »

Hi folks, I recently purchased a FoodSaver V4980 that was on sale at Costco.  I'll need to buy some more bags or rolls soon.  What's the BEST bag or roll I can buy.  I'm not talking about "cheapest".  I want a bag that will hold the vacuum for the longest length of time and is suitable for both meats, soups and baked goods.  If the "best" is also the "cheapest", that's great!  Smiley

Do you folks have any recommendations?

I've been using the FoodSaver Brand of bags and rolls and I'm very happy with the quality.  Seals real good and never lost a vacuum.

KEG 4000
Broil King Imperial XL Gas
Yoder YS640/Competition Cart
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:55:05 AM »

Recently I've been using these in the link. I bought them back in September and have no issues and they are a little cheap in price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GG5I5AK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »

Same here i use the foodsaver bags as well never had an issue i tried the walmart brand ones...don't waste your money they lost vacuum over time.

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
Nick

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »

Don't have a foodsaver myself (got a solis instead) and order the rolls locally.
But a tip i got that really works for me is before you start rol up the top end so there is no moisture where you are going to seal.
Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 4x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »

For the cheese Smoke I just did I bagged with a non FS brand i picked up at Wal-Mart.  Litterally half the price. No issues so far.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/seal-a-meal-2-pack-11-rolls/6000002587142?rrid=ViewedPurchased|item_page.rr1|10|0

I like the idea of pre-made bags for best reliability. 3 factory sealed edges is better than two. My old FS was unreliable and lots of the seals it made didn't hold.
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 06:37:40 PM »

I like the idea of pre-made bags for best reliability. 3 factory sealed edges is better than two. My old FS was unreliable and lots of the seals it made didn't hold.
I also like using pre-made bags.  I just purchased my FoodSaver and have only used it a few times.  I'm not sure what size will suit my needs best.  So, what I've decided to do is buy this 50 Count Multi-Pack of bags.  I think that when I get close to running out of one of the three sizes, Ill have figured out which size I use most.  Then, I'll probably buy a larger quantity of bags and probably a roll for those oddball items that I want to seal.

Walter

Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »

Rolls work best for things like full racks of ribs.  I suggest check your local Bass Pro for the heavy duty or gamesaver bags for the ribs.  Baby backs especially have sharp bone points that can cut thru the thinner bags.  One other thing I've found, once the stuff is froze, don't toss it around in the freezer.  lost a few items when the hard frozen foods clanking together damaged the bag. 

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 11:37:43 AM »

Rolls work best for things like full racks of ribs.  I suggest check your local Bass Pro for the heavy duty or gamesaver bags for the ribs.  Baby backs especially have sharp bone points that can cut thru the thinner bags.  One other thing I've found, once the stuff is froze, don't toss it around in the freezer.  lost a few items when the hard frozen foods clanking together damaged the bag. 
Thanks for the tips.  That sounds like good advice.  Smiley

Walter

Farva73
Appetizer Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Gimme a litre o' Beer,

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »

If you have amazon prime, Order the 2 huge rolls.
https://www.amazon.com/Rolls-FoodVacBags-Commercial-Vacuum-Sealer/dp/B00CPS32MI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491512703&sr=8-3&keywords=vacuum+food+storage+bags

Twin Cities, MN
* Original BSK * Broil King Keg * Weber Genesis Gasser *
Appetizer n Leftover Throwdown Winner
Aka BigDaddyD
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 01:49:27 PM »

Long time no see Farva.
I used to get 50 foot rolls at Cabela's , they were also $19. only difference is that they were 11.5 inches - I think.

What killed the board? Narcissists
smokey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »

Just checked, same price but they are 11" not 11.5"
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Vacuum-Bag-Bulk-Roll-with-Cutter-Box/1579700.uts

What killed the board? Narcissists
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: