Broil King Keg Forum
May 25, 2019, 10:31:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st ever paella...  (Read 1507 times)
150hp

« on: December 07, 2015, 07:56:42 PM »

I have never cooked, much less just even eaten paella. But it sounded so good that I asked for a paella pan as a gift. Well, it took almost 1 year for me to get the special rice online. With the holidays coming up, my idea is to have paella for the visiting family. I guess I have to give it a test cook.

I went with shrimp & scallops for the proteins. Unfortunately I miscalculated the liquid/rice ratio & it ended up a tad wet. That said, everyone enjoyed it.

Shawn W
2x Hero of the Month, 5x Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 12:47:01 AM »

I have never cooked, much less just even eaten paella. But it sounded so good that I asked for a paella pan as a gift. Well, it took almost 1 year for me to get the special rice online. With the holidays coming up, my idea is to have paella for the visiting family. I guess I have to give it a test cook.

I went with shrimp & scallops for the proteins. Unfortunately I miscalculated the liquid/rice ratio & it ended up a tad wet. That said, everyone enjoyed it....
This one has been on my to do list forever. It's weird for me being born and raised a prairie locked landlubber as I never developed much affinity for seafood. For some reason this dish fascinates and intrigues me, I think it's the seemingly endless variation possibilities.

'Everyone else enjoyed it' is the important thing. I would have enjoyed trying it too.
150hp

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »

I would say that the special rice totally made the dish. It was just as described. I went with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Calasparra-Rice-Paella-bag-Kg/dp/B0050ILG4Q

Go for it!
bamabob
2X Hero of the Month ~ 3X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

my dog can't hold her licker

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »

I've also had that on the keg bucket list for a long time.
One of these days......hope it turns out half as good as that one 150hp.....looks good

Sometimes you have to go in a circle to reach your destination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: