Broil King Keg Forum
August 19, 2018, 05:46:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keg Grilling Cabinet  (Read 2770 times)
Regular Guy
« on: October 26, 2015, 04:40:38 PM »

A while back I ordered one of these and never put it together but recently Steph and I have acquired a new keg thanks to Rich and Broil King raffling one at Kegtoberfest Smiley

I assembled the Keg yesterday when we got back and today I was home most of the day so it became our project to assemble the cabinet. There were a few screws missing that a trip to Lowe's fixed but I can tell you that it's not that fun to put together Tongue

So.....for those wanting a closer look at it, here you go. The Keg is not in it yet as I have to move the cabinet to the deck and then the 5000 will call it home.

Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »

Cool! I like it!!!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
PascL
Keg Hero Of The Month - 3x Throwdown Champion

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 05:31:14 PM »

love the look of it and have been eyeing it for a while,
Im still curious if the door needs to be open to do a cook to allow the air in, let us know!

Cookin' in the cold
Regular Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »

Nah, doors can be kept closed. That cabinet is not sealed air tight. The ambient air inside is all it would need.
Kmatt
Hero of the Month - Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »

I want one but I also want to build an outdoor kitchen on my deck.
PascL
Keg Hero Of The Month - 3x Throwdown Champion

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »

I'm on the fence too, just want to change my storage situation so I don't have to run to the garage for everything, however anything outdoor has gotta resist the wrath of Canadian Rocky Mountain winter weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookin' in the cold
Regular Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »

I'm on the fence too, just want to change my storage situation so I don't have to run to the garage for everything, however anything outdoor has gotta resist the wrath of Canadian Rocky Mountain winter weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael (Skins) has one already in use, he can tell you thoughts on it better than I since he's had his in action.
Steph
Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »

Weather has improved so we got to set the new keg in the cabinet.

Stephanie-
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 11:14:11 AM »

May look better with the handles off.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »

Looks great!

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Regular Guy
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 11:23:31 AM »

I am leaving them on, I actually am using the left side shelf to hang stuff on plus I don't want to try and attempt to match the paint and fill in the holes like I did on the 2000. Overall I like it, time will tell how it holds up. We will keep it covered when not in use. I can tell you that the bottom vent is REAL close to the door. I don't think the 2000 or 4000 would have that issue.
Regular Guy
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »

As you can tell by the pics above, I am seasoning the grate. I am also trying to get a feel for the vents, it may take a bit of adjustment going from a slide bottom vent to the rotating one. The old way allowed A LOT more air into the bottom but maybe it was never needed. I guess not since there is no way the 5000 can let that much in by comparison.

Anyhoo. This is how the cart keeps the keg snug in there, pretty nifty I'd say. It has 4 of these, 2 in front, 2 in back. You can adjust them to shim it where you want it.

A view from the top showing both front shims.

And Vin, here's how I am using that shelf. It comes in handy.
Regular Guy
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 11:51:15 AM »

If you look at those pics with the lump being lit you can barely see one of the three stickers that tell you not to fill the lump up past the holes Tongue Those are being burnt off as we speak, lol.
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 12:18:47 PM »

I used two shelf hook sets and screwed them in the left side of the cabinet

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
Regular Guy
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 12:36:33 PM »

Was yours missing any screws like mine? I had to run to Lowe's to pick up some #10 24 3/8 screws as I was missing 2. Frustrating!! As a matter of fact, the Keg itself had some screws missing according to the instructions at least. For the front handle, it showed 4 of the same sized screws but only had 2 the same and 2 that were the same screw but longer so I figured that I needed to use the 2 long ones on bottom on 2 shorter ones on top. It worked. There were also 2 little oval gaskets with 2 holes in it that I figured must go in between the handle and the keg itself due to the spacing of the holes. That's where I put them anyway! Tongue

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: