Broil King Keg Forum
December 13, 2017, 07:44:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RG Cinnamon Rolls Part Deaux - New & Improved. Tastes Great (more filling) :)  (Read 21594 times)
Regular Guy
« on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:16 AM »

So, in my never ending quest to improve on things I cook I set out to find a different Cinnamon Roll recipe than what I had used in the past. I don't make these very often, actually I've only made cinnamon rolls from scratch maybe 4-5 times in my life Tongue

These are the real deal, no need to continue to look for another recipe. This is the one.

My last recipe was pretty dang good but I knew they could be better. I don't see a way to improve this one even though they are very similar to the others. You can look at this recipe to compare to my other one and see they have a lot in common : RG's Sweet Buns

The only adjustment I made to this recipe was that I did not have unsalted butter so I cut back on the salt. The recipe calls for 1 3/4 tsp salt, I used 1 1/4 Kosher salt. I also added a little more vanilla to the icing, I just free poured it, no measuring but if I had to guess I used 3/4tsp or even a whole teaspoon. Also, I had to bake them longer than the recipe says. My oven is a convection oven and it has an "Easy Convect Bake" mode that lowered the temp from the 400° it called for to 375°. My recommendation would be to cook for a longer time at a lower temp. Maybe 20-25+ minutes at 350°. A thermometer comes in handy, you want an internal temp of 190°.

Once I had them rolled out and cut and placed into the baking dish, I wrapped them in plastic wrap and let them hang out in the fridge overnight and then took them out early to proof in my oven on "Proof" mode for an hour before baking. All in all, these were great. Especially for the first time making them. The next time I make them, I think I will add a little orange zest to the icing.

Without further adieu, I give you..............RG's Cinnamon Buns Revisited Tongue  Not really my recipe but I'm claiming it should anyone ask, lol.

Dough
1 cup (8 ounces) lukewarm milk
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup (2 5/8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut up
4 1/2 cups (19 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast

Filling
1/3 cup (2 5/8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (7 1/4 ounces) brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons (3/4 ounce) ground cinnamon

Icing
one 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (2 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) glazing or confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Manual/Mixer Method: Combine all of the dough ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring till the mixture becomes cohesive. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled work surface, and knead it for 5 to 8 minutes, till it’s smooth. Or knead it in an electric mixer, using the dough hook, for 4 to 7 minutes at medium speed. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to grease all sides, cover the bowl with a proof cover or plastic wrap, and let it rise for 60 minutes, till it’s nearly doubled in bulk.

Bread Machine Method: Place all of the dough ingredients into the pan of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer (usually, liquids first, yeast last). Program the machine for dough or manual, and press Start. After about 10 minutes of kneading, check the dough’s consistency; it should be fairly smooth, not too sticky, not dry and "gnarly." Adjust its consistency with additional flour or water, if necessary, and allow the machine to complete its cycle.

Assembly: Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and roll it into a 16 x 21-inch rectangle. Spread the dough with the 1/3 cup butter. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle it evenly over the dough.

Starting with a short end, roll the dough into a log, and cut it into 12 slices. Place the buns in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Cover the pan with a proof cover or plastic wrap, and let the buns rise until they’re nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.

Bake the buns in a preheated 400°F oven until they’re golden brown, about 15 minutes. While the buns are baking, make the icing.

Icing: In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Spread the icing on the buns while they’re warm. Yield: 12 big buns.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:58:04 PM by RG » Logged
RG

Life's What You Make It - Make It Great

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 12:48:12 PM »

I "knead" to make this soon Tongue These suckas are good, Caj and Rich can back me up on that!

BBQ & Friends. What else do you need? Beer? Okay. Beer, BBQ & Friends! Dilly Dilly!
Cajunate
4X Keg Hero of the Month - 4X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Metairie, Louisiana

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »

Addictive comes to mind. Mmmmmm............

"Good grillin' is like good lovin' "
  Just outside of New Orleans
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: