Broil King Keg Forum
May 24, 2018, 08:58:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carolina BBQ sauce  (Read 5657 times)
lc

« on: June 27, 2015, 03:36:20 AM »

Hi...I'm looking for a good Carolina style bbq sauce recipe (vinegar based).  Anybody have one?
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:32:01 AM »

Have you had a look in the recipes section? Im sure there you'll find one.

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
lc

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 04:57:10 AM »

I've looked...didn't see one.  I checked under 'sauces' and 'pork'.  I'll check again...its early, maybe I missed it.  I can find recipes on other sites but I thought I'd go to the bbq gurus for the best recipe.   Roll Eyes
Carolina Don

Hartsville, SC

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:48:44 PM »

Amazingribs.com. Look for Lexington Dip. I cut sugar by half and add hot sauce. That's my go to recipie.
lc

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 06:01:25 AM »

Thanks, Don...I'm gonna try that one!
bel4_20
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 06:04:46 AM »

I had a look as well that does look good!, Have you tried the "Bone suckin sauce"? it was very good!

Here's to alcohol: The source of, and answer to, all of life's problems. --Homer Simpson
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »

Don, you're now on the hook. I made some of it for the butts I did. It looks good. The ketchup keeps all the spices suspended

Dan
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

Don, thanks for the tip. this is the best vinegar sauce I've had. Most of them are so thin everything sinks to the bottom. This has a little body to it

Dan
Carolina Don

Hartsville, SC

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 03:14:02 AM »

Don't thank me, thank western North Carolina. There are 2 different camps in NC for vinegar based BBQ sauces. Eastern NC is just vinegar and pepper. Western part of the state adds ketchup or tomato sauce. We had a BBQ joint here in SC whose sauce had a distinct flavor that I could not duplicate until I found that Lexington Dip recipe. Was still not the same. Then I got Myron Mixon's book and he had vinegar based sauce recipe that called for adding hot sauce. Added some Texas Pete to the Lexington Dip recipe and that's what was missing. Glad you guys like it. Happy 4th!
Regular Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 06:58:24 AM »

Since this is the recipes section after all, how about posting it like you make it Don? I'd love to give it a whirl.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: