Broil King Keg Forum
October 19, 2018, 10:46:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Missouri  (Read 1302 times)
rongo_mai

« on: June 24, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »

Hello,

I've had my bkk5000 for a couple months now, it just took me a little bit to get through registering. I'm originally from Arizona, we don't have much BBQ down there for some reason, but I moved to Missouri late last year and figured I'd try smoking a shoulder out on my kettle grill. I caught the bug and started looking for something better, everything pointed me this way so I went with it.

So, now I've smoked something like four shoulders, eggs, cheese stuffed jalapeƱos, and cactus in my keg. I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Good to meet you,

Mason
Vindii
2X Hero of the Month ~ 2X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »

Welcome!

Glad we got you registered.  Bad timing with the board breaking but we back up and your in.  Post some of your cooks and check out the recipe section for new ideas.

See post 18
http://smokinitforums.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=oovcf0ho0f6b61ce5v721lodo7&topic=4485.15

They are closed minded idiots (did I just say that?? YEP!) and they can't see the usefulness of other types of cookers.
rongo_mai

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 09:20:09 AM »

Welcome!

Glad we got you registered.  Bad timing with the board breaking but we back up and your in.  Post some of your cooks and check out the recipe section for new ideas.
Yeah, I was a bit concerned this last week with all the issues. I've been lurking for a bit and cannot wait to try out some if the recipes I've seen.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Skinsandos
Keg Hero of the Month - 8X Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Winter Springs, FL --- Light It Up

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 09:48:28 AM »

Mason welcome to the forum post and ask away

Michael

Hunt - Fish - Kegvection Grilling
billsfan
2X Keg Hero of the Month; Mexican Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

Charlotte, NC

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »

Welcome Mason,

Dan

Dan
Leefra
Keg Hero Of The Month
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 03:22:27 PM »

Glad to have you aboard, Mason

Lee

Westchester, NY
78 T140E

Davie, FL

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 11:14:40 PM »

Cactus??  You smoked cactus in your Keg?  That sounds interesting, can you elaborate on that?   Huh

Walter

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." - Jimmy Buffett
Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell
Yanknrebel
Chicken Throwdown Champion
Superhero Member

You want sauce on that??? --Atoka TN

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »

Welcome!!!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
rongo_mai

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 12:38:25 PM »

Cactus??  You smoked cactus in your Keg?  That sounds interesting, can you elaborate on that?   Huh
Yeah, it didn't turn out great, it was too soft, I like more of a crunch. I probably will just grill it next time.

But what I did was dethorn the cactus then slice it into strips about four inches long and a half inch wide. After that I seasoned it with salt and cayenne powder, they are slimy like okra so the seasoning had something to stick to. Then I smoked them on the grate above my pork shoulders for a couple hours until soft and dryish looking.

-Mason
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: